1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changed my water pump!!!

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by Oranoco, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Oranoco

Oranoco Well-Known Member

What a total arse of a job! Tool flaming ages to do but finally got it together, fille dit with water only to find I hadn't transfered the drain bolt from the old unit, "Doh!!"

Engine is sounding beautiful and quiet once more and so far seems to be keeping the coolant in the system rather than depositing it wherever I am parked.

Tomorrows mission is wash the damn thing

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. abblettm

abblettm New Member

Did mine today as Was rumbling a bit, was fun to do!!
    [​IMG]

4. S4_dan

S4_dan Fire up the Quattro!
    VCDS Map User

The hardest bit i found with doing mine was the bleeding viscous fan!! trying to get the undone was a real PITA!!

5. Oranoco

Oranoco Well-Known Member

Looking at that V6 I'm not so upset. 6 hours to do mine thanks to not having my workshop manual as a mate had it and left it in Oxford. Bugger. LoL. Had to do the whole job using nothing but common sense and guess work (and some filthy language)

6. abblettm

abblettm New Member

Took me 6 hours in total but that includes opening work up, 1 hour spent looking and fetching some hylomar, 1/2 hour extracting a sheared off bolt on waterpump then another 1/2 hour cleaning ramp, longer than I expected but went well I thought!