Electric water pump

Audijarvis

Reaction score
I've noticed my A4 had its cam belt changed at 75k but there's no mention of the water pump on the receipt
From what I've read on the forum this should have been changed at the same time, and considering the extra cost of replacing it later, I don't know why it wasn't
The cars a 95 1.6 B5
Now I have no idea if this would work, but, has anyone fitted an electric water pump?
Is it possible to bypass the original pump and fit one of these instead http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/products/ProductList.asp?cls=ROAD&grp=RC088&pgrp=RP124&tlgrp=RD002

I know the pump is much more expensive than the original but I wouldn't have the expense of cam belt renewal

What do you think?

Worth considering or not?

Why are you thinking of using an electric pump?

S4's have an electirc pump to keep the water flowing when the car is switched off for a short while.

The 1.6 has an external water pump iirc so changing it does not require the cam belt to be touched at all.

Why are you thinking of using an electric pump?

S4's have an electirc pump to keep the water flowing when the car is switched off for a short while.

The 1.6 has an external water pump iirc so changing it does not require the cam belt to be touched at all.

I read all the other articles and assumed the water pump to be in the same place as the other models

Good work shop manual required me thinks

Thanks