Chances of my air con still working??

NineNails

Proud sponsor of the snack food industry
Reaction score
Had the tqs over a year now and it's never had a drive belt on the air con compressor. It was like it when I bought it and I don't know if the belt was taken off or fell off or snapped or what the crack with it is generally. The tensioner wheel turns freely as does the pulley wheel on the compressor.
What do you think the chances are of it all working if I throw a belt on there? or do they tend to be knackered with non use after so long?
Cheers
Si.

TBH its probably been removed for a reason.

Either the compressor has been dying and making a racket, so folk have removed the belt to quieten it down, or the compressor has siezed and the belts burnt thru and fallen off.

I guess it cant hurt to stick a belt on and try it though.

As above i took the belt of my brothers because it was making a racket. The pulley had sheard of and was just spinning around the a/c compressor.

chuck a belt on it (£10) and take it for a re-gas (£45-60) and go from there.

by your post on here i take it you'd like it work? its the only way you will find out.

Thanks for the replies. So yeah, I threw a belt on it and it rattled it's ****** off. I'm thinking of just ripping off all the dead weight now. Is there a procedure or a thread/write-up for this anywhere or just a case of just hacking away at anything aircon?
Is it me or is the forum search tool on this site a bit not very good. I'm getting increasingly annoyed with it's vague results.