Audi A3 Aux Problem

Kieran Cator

Reaction score
Hello,
I bough my Audi A3 1.9 TDI a few days ago and it has an iPod and six cable coming from the panel just next to the drivers seat, the iPod charges my phone so I take it working properly. However when I plug my phone it and go to the six section it says something like Aux Connected or ready? But when I try to play something nothing happens? Anyone got an idea what's wrong? It has the RSN-E SAT NAV, thanks for the potential help!

If the rns was retrofitted, the aux may not have been connected up properly & would need rewiring properly, was the rns installed from factory?

If the rns was retrofitted, the aux may not have been connected up properly & would need rewiring properly, was the rns installed from factory?

I'm not too sure, is there a easy way to check to see if it's wired up correctly because I didn't ask if it was factory install or not

Drop the unit out, if it doesn't have a connector plugged in above the antenna wires, then its not factory.

Drop the unit out, if it doesn't have a connector plugged in above the antenna wires, then its not factory.

Alright thanks, is there anyway of getting the head unit out without the keys?

No, you'll damage it

Aright thanks, I have ordered the keys so will update you guys when I know if it's factory install or not, also can anyone point me in the right direction of anyone who can instal Bluetooth into my car? Thanks

I can supply/fit bt in your car :)

Reactions: Sayam
We generally come to you, if in the UK, please Pm for further info :)

Iv dropped the unit out and iv found a Dension unit, the aux was unplugged and it's still not working once IV put it back together? Any suggestions?