A3 Sportback 3.2 Quattro - Story so far...

Great to hear you couldn't live without some V6 action in your life, Col! Absolutely love this car, ..what you got planned for her now? :wub: xx

Reactions: UV-RS3
Would also like to know this. I thought you had to use a new 09+ rear bumper

If you read the thread near the beginning a facelift rear bumper was fitted hence why the diffuser fits....

Coling, the car looks great!

Yes you need a facelift >09 rear bumper so you can fit the diffuser.

Great to hear you couldn't live without some V6 action in your life, Col! Absolutely love this car, ..what you got planned for her now? :wub: xx

Aye, life was a bit dull without a bit of note :rock:
Not sure yet, will need to think about wheels once winter is past, sold the BBS's a while back.
Was also thinking about roof rails, probably some little bits inside, but to be honest I have pretty much done everything I wanted to do.

Aye, life was a bit dull without a bit of note :rock:
Not sure yet, will need to think about wheels once winter is past, sold the BBS's a while back.
Was also thinking about roof rails, probably some little bits inside, but to be honest I have pretty much done everything I wanted to do.

roof rails and alu mirrors :wub:, if your planing to do roof rails then fit them the correct way dont bond them on :) iv retrofitted roofrails on my mates car

roof rails and alu mirrors :wub:, if your planing to do roof rails then fit them the correct way dont bond them on :) iv retrofitted roofrails on my mates car

I do all my mods the correct way, no point doing them otherwise.

Just read your panoramic roof thread, to say I am very very impressed would be an understatement, kudos to you.
Sorry to see the result of your run in with the bus.

I do all my mods the correct way, no point doing them otherwise.

Just read your panoramic roof thread, to say I am very very impressed would be an understatement, kudos to you.
Sorry to see the result of your run in with the bus.

no probs, should be sorted soon :)

yeap thats the way to do mods :D

Cars looking good, found this post by searching for roof rails as mine has them! Think you may have helped me with a wheel choice though!

Love this car! such a massive change from how it started to how it is! :wub:
Im really surprised that you managed to get the facelift climate unit working, i tried one in mine (2005 SB) and although most of it worked when i hit the auto button the air would just sound like its all behind the dash and none would come into the cabin

Also i noticed that the carbon on the ashtry is on the wrong way from the gear surround... did you get that sorted out mate?

you too have the headlight washers without xenons... I can never understand how we got those without the xenons?

Forgot I had this thread :blush:
Anyway, I sold the A3 in September 2011 to a very good mate, 6 months later his circumstances changed so I bought it back, best move I could have made. After its 100 mile trip home the car was real dirty so a quick wash in the snow then a wee photoshoot.
All photographs by my eldest son.

DSC_0056.jpg

DSC_0067-1.jpg

DSC_0053.jpg

DSC_0046.jpg

DSC_0064.jpg

DSC_0080-2.jpg

DSC_0061-1.jpg

DSC_0047.jpg

Pretty much resisted the urge to change anything, toyed with something aftermarket and probably would have if the right size/ offset had been available, but kept going back to these, found a set newly refurbished and the correct size/ offset, which for the record is 8.5x19 ET48.
Boring and a bit predictable perhaps but I think they suit the A3 down to the ground.
Photography credit as always to my eldest son.

DSC_0031.jpg

DSC_0033.jpg

DSC_0039.jpg

DSC_0042.jpg

DSC_0051.jpg

DSC_0060.jpg

DSC_0057.jpg

DSC_0050.jpg

DSC_0049.jpg

DSC_0052.jpg

DSC_0047-1.jpg

Got a little bit more carbon on the B pillars, pulls together with the interior carbon.

DSC_0066-1.jpg

DSC_0068-1.jpg

DSC_0064-1.jpg

DSC_0063-2.jpg

Little update on the inside, been wanting to do something for a wee while but was waiting for the right seats to come up.
So, upgraded the fronts with S3 buckets, rears and door cards are part of a complete s-line interior, so I can remove the buckets when the time comes.

DSC_0072.jpg

DSC_0071.jpg

DSC_0076-1.jpg

[
DSC_0073.jpg

DSC_0074.jpg

DSC_0075-1.jpg

Thats pretty much how the car currently sits, Took it for a wee run upto Cawdor, so on return it was in dire need of a clean, performed perfectly
smile.png

DSC_0071-1.jpg

DSC_0075-2.jpg

After...
DSC_0080-3.jpg

DSC_0097-1.jpg

DSC_0088.jpg

DSC_0113.jpg

DSC_0094.jpg

DSC_0083-1.jpg

DSC_0101.jpg

DSC_0104.jpg

Reactions: TomL83
Only just seen this thread, lovely car though. Wheels suit it down to the ground. Probably my favourite colour for an A3, wish mine was that colour.

Props to your son for the photos as well!

Ive just found this thread, I have a 2005 s-line SB that I'm getting restless to improve and I have to say that yours is ticking all the boxes!:yes: When you fitted the s-line boot spoiler what was involved? Did you have to change the boot or is there a proper audi s-line spoiler that just glues on top or something?
Cheers!