A3 1.4tfSI 140 Sport or A3 2.0TDI SE

Absolutely Mr Guy. Reckon Se & leather lease would be same/similar to sport.

The cost of leather on the SE is £1115 but it appears the lease costs are cheaper than the Sport as you dont have the climate control, 17" alloys sports seats, Audi drive select and more chrome than a Harley

Ok - here are some comparisons (pcp admittedly, but you get the idea).

Car Finance. Cheap finance for new and used cars

1st, 2.0tdi A3 SE Sportback no options

20tdi SE

2nd, 2.0tdi A3 SE Sportback with leather (and you need to add storage pack too, can't have leather without)

20tdi SEleather

3rd, 2.0tdi A3 Sport Sportback no options

20tdi Sport

Last edited:
Yes, I've been there historically. When I first started a job without a company car I thought it would be awful, but now I really favour not having to dance around the boss to get a slightly nicer car when it comes time to change.

Well that's good that you haven't had those things so won't miss them - SE should be good then. Surely though the cost of adding leather in the SE would be more than just having a Sport? (not looked at the brochure cost but leather on an SE must be £££?)

The Milano leather option is the same (£1,115) on both an SE and a Sport. The sport has the cheaper option of Alacantra/leather which is £795.

The extra cost of a Sport over an SE is £1,225 but if you add the option missing from the SE that are standard on the Sport they come out to be the same price. - 17" wheels (£495), climate control(£390), colour DIS(£120), Audi Drive select(£220) = £1,225.

Well the car is on order, the company just has to pass all the credit checks

A3 Sportback 2.0TDI 150 Sport now on order , Basic standard red with just rear sensors added

Thanks to Audi Listers Worcester

Reactions: PilotAudi, Psyman79 and cemerson
A3 Sportback 2.0TDI 150 Sport now on order , Basic standard red with just rear sensors added

Thanks to Audi Listers Worcester

Great, that seemed a painful process! You should do what I did a few years ago and volunteer to develop and run the company car scheme.

Great news - how did you manage it? Dealer discount / residuals work out better on the sport or have you had to put your hand in your pocket to fund a monthly difference?

My comapny went to a few independant lease companies that quoted around £280.00 for the Sport version and £250.00 for the SE Version

I advised Listers I had £250.00 to spend but I did not like the SE as it had a stripped out look compared with the Sport , they quoted me £280.00 on the Saturday for the Sport then emailed me on the Monday with a £250.00 offer

Reactions: PilotAudi, h5djr and cemerson
That's great news Neil. I have always found Listers in Worcester to be very professional...

I found them very good , the car has been ordered two weeks and I am still waiting for Parklands of Gloucester and Cotswold BMW to return my calls from a month ago

Listers were professional and extremely helpful

Reactions: PilotAudi
I know you've already chosen, but thought I would chime in for future reference in case anyone else is looking at the thread.

I chose the opposite (1.4 COD vs. the 150ps Diesel) - having test driven both, I found the petrol more refined, just as quick (I've never been one to mistake the initial diesel rush of torque for overall speed, but can see how it appeals to many folk - just a personal preference one way or the other).

My main decider was, as a company car, the 1.4 COD worked out less expensive, both in the value of the car and also the monthly tax due to the lower emissions on the 1.4 s-tronic and the fuel type itself (in fact - the diesel was around £26 a month extra in tax with the same options on both vehicles - over the four years a saving of over £1200).

I also factored in the amount of miles I am likely to do - I don't do much over 12,000 a year and the trip to work and back is only around 5 miles each way - so fuel wise (my company does not pay for fuel) the Diesel would have cost even more over the 4 year period that I'll have the car for.

I guess if I had *really* preferred the extra torque then I may have considered the diesel a little more, but probably not - would rather have the extra money to spend on other toys :)