Fancy a wheel colour change - BBS CK in Black to match theme

mattandrew

Reaction score
Currently have BBS CK's in anthracite and cant decide if to get them re-powdered coated black to match the rest of the black theme on the car. Also if to go gloss or satin black.

Heres a few pics as they are at the minute

S3Elsecaranth.jpg

S3Anth.jpg

P1050697.jpg

Heres a few ive had photoshopped, think I really need to see them in the flesh

S3ElsecarGloss.jpg

S3Matt.jpg

Edit : Before N8 comes along yes I am indecisive :laugh:

Last edited:
Indecisive is a lite word for it Matty pmsl

TBH if you go black you lose the character of the wheel design, as you simply wont see them aswell & correct if I'm wrong but you bought them because you liked this design, so for me IMHO although black does look good I would consider what you lose & gain as such.

go smoked chrome like my old bbs ch the colour is amazing mate it really is .
wheels084.jpg

wheels081.jpg

wheels084.jpg

No denying the finish on your wheels John but I'm not sure this is the colourMatt is looking for, i'd vote for a high gloss black to match the RS grill

Keep them anthracite mate, they look crackin' - as said above you lose what the wheel looks like when you go black, it's just a big black solid circle unless it has really good light.

Matt the last united nations meeting was about your indecsiveness:

xinsrc_512030504060943714651.jpg

Mixed opinions here, you can try the CH out and see what you think lad.

pmsl pmsl pmsl fecking hilarious lmfao lmfao abso-fecking-lutely brilliant nate, best one yet lmfao

Hey Matt, Hope your well.
Long time !

I thought i was the indecisive one!

I think they look good as they are , sure you are not just getting bored and looking for a mod !
That said black could look really nice,personally i think keep it as it is far classier.

As soon as Audi pull their finger out and release a new shape S3, i will be persuading the misses she needs a new car, then i am back in the game !

satin black, i'm not keen on wheels that have bits painted different colours, it seems to make them look smaller ? car looks great btw :)

Sorry to change the subject, but is your front grille a custom job?

I can sympathise with your dilemma with the wheels both looks the dogs....