Clutch questions again .

cawsey20

Reaction score
Sorry to keep posting up here guy's . Have an issue with my clutch i would belev'e . Its done 110k so is realy due a change as i have just had the car mapped.
I currently have a clutch kit on the way an it will be fitted next payday, now im having a service tommorow to get everything running sweet as im off to santa pod at the weekend.
Now im well aware i really shouldn't be doing it as the clutch may be on the way out ,but as i have a new one lined up im not to fussed.
The clutch does not slip if you put it in 3rd or 4th up a hill, Nor in high gears on the motorway, Even giving it some in first and second.
The only thing i have noticed is if you sit it at 5k then dump it , it seem's to slip or atleast doesnt bite straight away, now is this me doing something wrong as i have never had anything quattro before or is it indeed the clutch .

Obviously with that said if i was to do some runs but not launch it will i still get good times or is it all about the launch ?.

Just had a mate in the car he agrees that it should atleast slip with normal driving wich it doesn't , can I excpect it to bog down ? As I don't have a million hp .

Its bound to slip with 110k miles and traffic light launches from 5k rpm...

When mine went it was when the turbo kicked in through 4th, 5th and 6th gears

Looks like you have some life left in it yet...Unless you are a regular at Pod!

Not on this clutch i won't be lol, I think it was bogging down, From reading on the forum here people tend to say 5k is best for launches :S, Ive found about 3.5k seems to work well, 5k just bogs down is that right ?