N/S/F Brake Squeaking

Welly

335D Driver :-)
Reaction score
Yo.

Anyone got any ideas on this?

My N/S/F brake squeaks when going along. And it is ****** ANNOYING.

New brakes fitted on Tuesday night, didn't squeak initially. Bedded them in as normal. Still didn't squeak. Now there is a small squeak every rotation, which started Wednesday sometime.

I've had problems with the brake that side before to be fair, I have unbolted the Cali and greased the sliders before.

Just seems strange that it's only touching on one small part. Discs can't be warped really, drilled and grooved and hardly been used.

Anything else it could be. Warped hub face? :crying:

I guess it could be the caliper itself also - dicky piston pushing out at the bottom or something.

Any ideas?

Not quite the same but the GFs Rover does the same. Caliper is free, sliders are free, bearing has no play or noise, yet it squeeks all the time, annoys the crap out of me.

I want to do something with the grinder, not sure what, but it would make me feel better !:think:

Well, there a million bodge ways to resolve the issue - but I can't help but think there is an underlying problem. Brakes are not something I like to leave to chance.

I like to hit the loud pedal a bit, and also like to know I can stop when needed....

I want to do something with the grinder, not sure what, but it would make me feel better !:think:

Mark, you genius! I'll break out the wire wheel on the drill.

Obviously that won't do a damn thing. But it will at least be clean....