Shakey shakey

V6Pete

Now running on Bentley's y'all
Reaction score
Evenin' all.

My car has is currently seriously shaking under acceleration. As soon as I ease off the throttle it goes away, but under acceleration it's barely driveable.

I'm going to try to book it into the garage in the morning, but wondering if anybody has experienced something similar?

I'd guess it's something CV/hub/shaft related, but I'm certainly no mechanic... but it does feel like it's more wheel related than engine.

Pete

Maybe the propshaft? There was a thread somewhere.

Does it do at all speeds & if you accelerate slowly does it get worse as speed rises or same regardless of speed & acceleration levels.

ATM I'm saying more engine related, could be wrong of course as speculating over the net, but possibly spark plugs, fuel, maf, coil packs with your fault report to go by, cause I'd expect if was shaft etc it would be present when you took of the gas momentarily, although could be shaft when its under forced load as such, have you given it a scan for any maf related issues.

Ah hold on what was that big job audi did to it a while back, could be related?

Sorry to hear this Pete. Seems like I read a lot of posts about your misfortunes! Hope this one is sorted quickly and cheaply!

Maybe the propshaft? There was a thread somewhere.

Will have a search, could well be...

Does it do at all speeds & if you accelerate slowly does it get worse as speed rises or same regardless of speed & acceleration levels.

ATM I'm saying more engine related, could be wrong of course as speculating over the net, but possibly spark plugs, fuel, maf, coil packs with your fault report to go by, cause I'd expect if was shaft etc it would be present when you took of the gas momentarily, although could be shaft when its under forced load as such, have you given it a scan for any maf related issues.

Ah hold on what was that big job audi did to it a while back, could be related?

Yes, at all speeds, however worst at around 40-60mph, seems happier when doing over a ton. I thought maybe shaft, as it's under load. It feels more like a transmission issue i.e. wheels shaking rather than engine shaking, but could be wrong. MAF is fine, had a new one a couple of weeks back, and no lights on. I had engine shaking issues a while ago, before it went in for £4000 of repairs, but symptoms were very different to this.

Sorry to hear this Pete. Seems like I read a lot of posts about your misfortunes! Hope this one is sorted quickly and cheaply!

Cheers, you're not wrong. I really don't need another major repair...

Yeah good find, stands to reason, just your luck after that 4k repair job.

The car went into the garage this morning. Got myself a Scenic courtesy car. Tasty.

I got a call this afternoon to say one of the front outer CV's is f*cked, so that's been ordered and is going on tomorrow. Previously the boot was torn and leaked a lot of oil, so that could well be the cause. Should find out tomorrow if that's the only issue, so fingers crossed.

Pete

Good 1st guess then & hopefully cheap aswell.

The car went into the garage this morning. Got myself a Scenic courtesy car. Tasty.

I got a call this afternoon to say one of the front outer CV's is f*cked, so that's been ordered and is going on tomorrow. Previously the boot was torn and leaked a lot of oil, so that could well be the cause. Should find out tomorrow if that's the only issue, so fingers crossed.

Pete

Hope that's all mate!