tuning box

Mike B

Reaction score
Just fitted a box to my 2.5 TDI quattro and noticed an obvious increase in performance.Its an unit made by the Belgian Tuning Box Co from ebay £120 so it seemed worth it even though my milesge is well below average and I hope to grt better mpg too.Easily fitted and removable for resale if and when

Hi Mike,
Do you have a link to what you bought ? Been looking for a decent priced box for my 2.5 for a little while now

Steve

I've been looking around too. Steve, there's one on ebay now at £96 so far. The seller has a few for sale and good feedback though i've never heard of this product. If I can find any good reviews I would probably get one http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Tuning-Box-VP...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item45f250524b

My budget is only around £100 so I've been looking for second hand boxes (steinbauer maybe) or a cheaper alternative if I can find one with decent reviews from other 2.5tdi owners.

Mike, I would be interested to know where you got yours from too, obviously after Steve.

Cheers

Yeah, I saw that box, but it has to be hard wired and I don't fancy breaking into the loom to fit it..

Hi fellas .Cant be alot of help cos I found mine by trawling ebay after my son fitted one to his 2.5 TDI andsuggested it works .He has the same make as quattro James but its not the same as mine.I think I was lucky to find the original Tuning Box Co item which can be researched on their website.I was told by thr seller that it cost over £400 and mine was the only bid!The spec says214bhp and420 torque which my son does not believe but it certainly makes a big diff and I think I see signs of better mpg .He claims an extra 50 miles per tankfull from his which would be great.I think their are cheaper ones but advice is to get a reputable make .I am not sure that I would have paid full price because you need to do the miles to get the cost back although the performance seems worth it alone seems even smoother to drive and pulls better.I hope you can find something like we did

Thats certainly unusual Mike, I've never seen any company claim more than 210 bhp before.

Going to see a local company today about a remap to 210 Bhp, they've got a rolling road too, so i'll see what they say and report back
Steve

Still early days but I think my mpg is better and I may get about 450 from the tankfull mainly urban which would about 10% more

Since 5 mins after i fitted it, when it ate my clutch and cost me 500 quid lol.

Dragon Tuning one Steve, My clutch was on its way out anyway. So I may tempt my self into putting it back on. It's going back on for Le Mans anyway. If i can drag back some mpg on that drive, then i shall!

Dragon Tuning one Steve, My clutch was on its way out anyway. So I may tempt my self into putting it back on. It's going back on for Le Mans anyway. If i can drag back some mpg on that drive, then i shall!

MPG on the way to and from Le Mans??? Normally its foot to the floor both ways! :)

Fraid so!
I'm a mpg softy when it comes to that trip! Managed 38mpg out of my 200bhp v6 petrol last year lol.
May have had a few plays on the way back! Trouble is, we have to cover lancaster to dover, before the drive in france.

I killed a clutch on a rover 75 I had.. I had a variale box which ran at setting 6 fine..one sunny day I decided I set it to 10 for fun.,.. the clutch lasted about 3 miles :) my wife was not amused..I'm looking for a used tuning box for mine now..hoping the clutch survives :)

Not yet BlackQuat,,my youngest daughter has been in hospital, so things been up in the air.
Will ring on monday.
Steve

Fraid so!
I'm a mpg softy when it comes to that trip! Managed 38mpg out of my 200bhp v6 petrol last year lol.
May have had a few plays on the way back! Trouble is, we have to cover lancaster to dover, before the drive in france.

My last 2 trips to the nurburgring were in an Evo and Prulude, both juicy on fuel. Looking forward to taking a derv on the next trip! :DSad i know! lol

I have just taken the tuning box of my 1.9tdi if anyone wants to make me an offer for it?
Thanks
Ian

Ian
Don't suppose it will fit the 2.5 ?
Steve