just fitted a new n75 j valve

s3dave

TFSI Hybrid
Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.stainless-engineering.co.uk
wow what a difference :cool:, jerky- ness gone gained + 5psi well pleased, part throttle greatly improved..
i had the c version on before the only thing was the fittings were opposite to the c valve?
but everything is cool, i dont know if i had a dodgy c valve or the j is 100% better....:icon_thumright:

Be aware you will probably hit limp mode from time to time due to overboost.

I would say your old valve was faulty as the J normally doesnt tend to smooth anything, it tends to be more agressive if anything

I'm running the 'F' on my AMK which is standard for it i believe. Is this the correct one for my car? It's got a stage 1 remap.

Yes the 'F' is the standard one for AMK, I have it to. (tried J worked great for the first week then started limping)

ive just bought a new F to cure my boost issues....hasnt worked so my old F is now for sale if anyones in dire need :)

wow what a difference :cool:, jerky- ness gone gained + 5psi well pleased, part throttle greatly improved..
i had the c version on before the only thing was the fittings were opposite to the c valve?
but everything is cool, i dont know if i had a dodgy c valve or the j is 100% better....:icon_thumright:

Hi, where did you get the J version from, how much did it cost? and is it recommended on APY? I have ocational slight hesitations, and feel like it is boost related.

is there a friendly valve for a BAM engine which has been rempapped?

Wont te car be running lean now with the extra boost?

i think the ecu should adjust the fuelling to suit, but i think it will only compensate so much before the ecu thinks there is something wrong and goes into limp mode

so basically if you got one and it hits limp mode then your ecu cant compensate and im assuming you would need a remap, or much more simply put your old valve back on lol

all i know is that JBS (custom code) dont recommend these J valves with their maps...... im sure if it was that good then the mapping firms would be recomending them.....

Guys, im not telling anybody to buy it, its just worked fine for my set up so far, and with the search history of the different engine codes on here and other forums, the APY seems to be able to cope ok with it, for whatever reason???

ive done 400 miles of mixed driving, so far, with the occasional flooring, and it has not missed a beat !! :rockwoot:

Any one got one of these on a BAM engine? mine hasnt been mapped... yet.

I've heard alot of good things about these J valves till I saw this post :S

I think on a non mapped car it wouldn't be any good and would hit limp mode too often. Better off remapping first. I just have the Forge 007P one JBS installed when they mapped mine. Don't know much about th eJ's, F's etc though?

when i went to jabbasport we were talking about n75 valves and julian was saying the 'j' valves on our cars are no good, mapped or not, they cause a higher spike but wont hold the boost a full throttle and as said can cause the car to run lean, which is bad news, or can be if lean enough

would be good if someone had the j valve and could do some logs using vcds, check boost demand vs actual and egt's

i cant see why the maps wouldnt be configured to mimick what the J valve did IF the map provider wanted it to..... all i see this part as is something to adjust what the map already does...thus making the map less efficient

as above even Jabba prefer not to use them...doesnt that tell you something

im all for putting one on my car, a change isnt neccesarily a good one and to the original poster, if this valve has cured your issues then your original valve was faulty, a new F valve would have cured it

:applaus: nicely put mate!!

s3dave if it works on your car and doesnt hit limp then i dont think it will do any harm, but i think the j valve is a false economy, no one has ever had any proven gains off fitting one, as said logs off vcds or before and after rolling road runs in same conditions would end the conversation

[im all for putting one on my car, a change isnt neccesarily a good one and to the original poster, if this valve has cured your issues then your original valve was faulty, a new F valve would have cured it[/QUOTE]

im afraid i know now that is not the case, as i give my valve to a friend who has had it on his standard s3 with no issues, so may be the stage 2 remap did not like the old valve??
my map is swithable and it was a lot calmer when i had it on the standard map too, i dont know why it had a c valve on though, as it seems to be it should have been an f version....
and guess what guys there has been a + 2mpg better consumption even though i have been testing max boost a bit to many times......:icon_thumright: happy days....

by the way im peaking at 23psi and does not tail off, maybe to 20psi before it was 16.9psi max

Last edited:
c version of the n75 came on the apy engine codes and audi have replaced it with the f version, thats why the c version was on already

i quote:

Just a WARNING!!

N75s add boost...but DO NOT ADJUST FUELING.
It is possible that you can end up running lean using an alternative N75 valve on ANY map, CHIPPED OR NOT!

Beware...to be 100% sure I would want to measure exhaust gas temperatures (EGTs) and mixture under full load to make sure you are not running lean at the higher boost.

I would also suggest logging injector 'on' times...mine are pretty wall maxxed out at the minute...that is to say that they are prety much always on under full load / revs conditions...not ideal.

There are no hard and fast rules for who will jit 'soft limp' either...some will...some won't.

I hit soft limp with the 'H' valve...not sure about the 'J'

As long as people are aware of the damgers associated with taking boost / fuelling out with the control of the ECU...go on my son!

There are many people who will tell you how good this mod is...how much power you'll get etc.

Where will there said same people be if YOU destroy YOUR engine because the N75 mod ran it too close to the edge of the envelope?

Just be wary...the facts are there...make your informed decision based upon what you can find out / know...and go from there.

N75's swaps work. Period.
But at what cost for some people?

i admit, his rolling road results prove that they do add power, but at what cost?

take for example welly, he fitted an fmic, no harm in that is there? look how that ended

im merely saying that i think its an un necessary risk for minimal gains, unless of course you can do logs to check the fuelling, and even then whos to say your rods are up to the extra stress

I was referring to your "no one has ever had any proven gains off fitting one" statement. There is no doubt you do get gains from the J valve, but who knows what else you might be getting.

i admit, his rolling road results prove that they do add power, but at what cost?

take for example welly, he fitted an fmic, no harm in that is there? look how that ended

im merely saying that i think its an un necessary risk for minimal gains, unless of course you can do logs to check the fuelling, and even then whos to say your rods are up to the extra stress

I think welly left a spanner in the fmic ......:)...(only joking) :noway: That must have been pure coincidence
Even with a stage 1 remap you are taking a risk, or any mod to the engine.... its all part of the fun and our crazy thinking of must get it faster ,
Its your car, its your choice do your homework and make your own conclusions, as long as you know if it goes wrong its you that picks up the bill... End of

im sure the mapping chaps could factor in the extra boost on a stage2/3 IF you wanted it without resorting to this lil device - and ahem, more safely

im sure the mapping chaps could factor in the extra boost on a stage2/3 IF you wanted it without resorting to this lil device - and ahem, more safely

yer, or at the very least have the j valve fitted at the same time as it being mapped then all should be well