chip or not to chip

kek700

Reaction score
I have a 2001 AMK 210hp s3, the performance is reasonably good.
But the car seems to rely on revs rather than shove, I am reasonably sure it is giving the correct performance.
I did time to 80mph and the performance/power output was about right.

I just have this overriding doubt that chipping it for 260hp from the likes of AMD is going to be a waste of £400, I will spend the cash and the difference will disappoint.

I appreciate that it is difficult to give a true descriptive value on the difference
between a stage 1 modified car and a standard one.

If you keep on adding hp and torque it is then becomes easier to imagine the increased performance, but what will 60 odd horse power and torque give.

Can anyone convince me to part with my £400 ????

The torque is what will impress you with the remap, it changes the car completely.

Why don't you do a search or something? Honestly there are 100's (not even exaggerating!) of topics exactly the same as this...

And for reference it is a remap, not a chip you'll be getting.

no, i cant convince you.

But it does completely transform a car.

and after parting with your £400, you will have access to 40 virgins

I have a 2001 AMK 210hp s3, the performance is reasonably good.
But the car seems to rely on revs rather than shove, I am reasonably sure it is giving the correct performance.
I did time to 80mph and the performance/power output was about right.

I just have this overriding doubt that chipping it for 260hp from the likes of AMD is going to be a waste of £400, I will spend the cash and the difference will disappoint.

I appreciate that it is difficult to give a true descriptive value on the difference
between a stage 1 modified car and a standard one.

If you keep on adding hp and torque it is then becomes easier to imagine the increased performance, but what will 60 odd horse power and torque give.

Can anyone convince me to part with my £400 ????

Where abouts are you from mate?

Get a Revo trial... (they are free) you will be converted lol

<tuffty/>

if it wer twice the price it would still be well worth it!

Just do it, you know it makes sense!!!

You wont regret it!

It's the best thing you could do in terms of performance, and you could shave off 1sec from your 0-62mph. you would love it.

convinced.. ......... i will book it into Essex AMD. were do i go for the 40 virgins.

You should try Liverpool.

I think I need to go and get a Revo trial to make my mind up on this. I just still worry about extra strain on the Turbo, as I really don't want to be spending money on refurbing/replacing it.

JD09 ive had mine chipped for over 3yrs and its never missed abeat had the turbo inspected recently and its spot on and my car has done 98k
do it you wont regret it