To buy Recaro or not to buy??

mrgicm

Phantom black S3/
Reaction score
Hello,

I am thinking of buying two front seats Recaro Pole Position in leather/white alcantara since my original S3 has white alcantara inside... so what are your opinions, they look excellcent in real life, they fell even more excellent. I do alot of track days so they would pretty much come in handy... what do you think???Thanks..
polepositionvinyl.jpg

Nice and a good choice if you don't mind not having access to the rear seats. Personally I like the look of the RECARO Sportster CS

I have these in my rs4 and trimmed in audi silver nappa,look the dogs,but not the most practical.
I would not have them for a daily driver but great for a weekend toy.They are mega light and are great when sat in
them,you feel at one with the car.
I would defo not advise them for anyone who is a bit on the lardy size,they may need a shoe horn to get out :lmfao:

ok i dont have a clue how practical they are in the S3 but i will say, my mate has a mk1 TT Sport with these fitted as standard. They are absolutely class when driving fast.. you literally cant move! The downsides to them are, Long journeys are a nightmare (we picked the car up from newcastle) and being from london had a nice long drive home. Ended up with pretty sore a** and shoulders! (im fairly broad, but not that broad) they are also a nightmare to get in/out of. especially if you want to try to avoid hurtin them! and last of all unadjustable... which for me is a big problem cause when im driving fast-er i have the seat upright... when crusing i tilt it a little more..

apart from that i think they look the nuts and will match your interior perfectly! :icon_thumright:

hope this helps..

Would they be a 5 point harness?

Couldn't live with that if they were :)

Rs buckets get my vote !

The sportster cs are the closest match to the OEM buckets but they are a bit pricey... :) and finding OEM buckets is like me going out with Eva Mendes.... :) :) But I am still in a dillema... but stilll they would look gret matching my interior... thanks for the coments guys... :)

The sportster cs are the closest match to the OEM buckets but they are a bit pricey... :) and finding OEM buckets is like me going out with Eva Mendes.... :) :) But I am still in a dillema... but stilll they would look gret matching my interior... thanks for the coments guys... :)

To be fair, they actually crop up alot. Here's my cousin's CS's in his TT :wub::

42800x600.jpg

49800x600.jpg

here's a set of buckets out of an r32 same as s3 buckets but suede middle i think

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/R32-GOLF-MK5-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item20afbfc59e

Good find, but the R32 buckets are *slightly* different in shape, slightly prettier..

I agree! :) just to sum up some pros and cons in my head for the Pole Positions:
Pros:
- Amazing for track use,in combinations with a 6 point harness you cant move an inch..
- They would fit in very nice with the matching interior as the color of alcantara is identical to OEM audi
- price is very good I can get them for 1200 pounds fitted
- they are VERY light one seat weighs only 10kg thus a big improvment in weight

cons:
- impractical for everyday use
- impossible to use the rear seats (would need some fabrication of the sliders to be able to lift them up and mmove them foward so someone can slide in the back, but this would be no problem.
- in my head they would look perfect in matching the whole interior but somehow I cant be 100% sure untill I see them fitted.

and some things regarding OEM buckets / Sportstrer CS

overall they look perfect, very practical and as a whole pacakege better, but for track use pole positions are a bit better, impossible to find OEM buckets, the price of the sportster CS is almost 2.5 times more expensive than pole positions and still not as good as oem, thus not worth the money IN MY OPINION... Thanks guys...

A picture of mine,not great quality as off my phone,you have to be hardcore to have these ;)
pp01.jpg

A picture of mine,not great quality as off my phone,you have to be hardcore to have these ;)
pp01.jpg

They look crazy man!!! just love them... how is it on a day to day basis... you had them re swaped in full leather or?? can you maybe post a few more pics please... does anyone get in the back?? thanks

No problem with getting in the back as this is my rs4 ;)
I find them really comfortable,but there is no graceful way of getting in and out.

I purchased the seats and them took them to mj interiors to have them trimmed in the audi silver
nappa,and had the steering wheel etc done.
I also had the rs4 and recaro imprinted in the seats,you are looking at about £650 to trim the front seats.
Will try and find some better pics

one problem with the CS's is you would loose the a few functions on the seat ie lifting up and down. You would have to use an aftermarket seat frame

I really like the idea of the pole positions, especially as I've just stripped out the rear of my S3 I could contuinue the weight saving into the front....

Got some mint OEM buckets in the front,if I could punt these for 1500 I think the poles at 1200 fitted would be a no-brainer

As for my advice on whether you should get them or not, I think if you really want the best feel for driving out of the car and don't constantly sit for long periods on the motorway they are definetly for you!

Thanks guys first of all I'll find out exactly how much It'll cost me to get the new ones I want installed etc then as soon as I know that I will make a descision and get straight back to you both as soon as I know what I'm doing!

I really like the idea of the pole positions, especially as I've just stripped out the rear of my S3 I could contuinue the weight saving into the front....

Got some mint OEM buckets in the front,if I could punt these for 1500 I think the poles at 1200 fitted would be a no-brainer

As for my advice on whether you should get them or not, I think if you really want the best feel for driving out of the car and don't constantly sit for long periods on the motorway they are definetly for you!

I did the exact same thing, I fully stripped the rear of the car, and now it fells so much better, like I gaind another 20hp :) also I have orderd the Pole Positins as they are amazing, last week I was on the Nurburgring with my OEMsits and they are ****, my friend had Pole Positions and its a HUGE difference to drive... So had my ordere and will be coming in 2 weeks along with the 6 point seat belt, the total was around 1100 pounds delivered.

Yeah it definetly feels a little quicker when stripped and you can hear it better too!

Where did you order your seats from?

Nice list of mods you've got there :thumbsup:

I want the seats!! I am
in Amsterdam at the moment for my b day but I'll hav em!!! 10000000%

Yeah it definetly feels a little quicker when stripped and you can hear it better too!

Where did you order your seats from?

Nice list of mods you've got there :thumbsup:

Thank you, I got it from my local Recaro Dealer...got aa great price... cant wait for them to arrive... the car goes much much quicker now... :)

Sorry bout my over informative message, hopefully this means a set of buckets are available :)

Sorry bout my over informative message, hopefully this means a set of buckets are available :)

Do you maybe want to trade them for Pole Positions?? :)

If I had a sportback Id already have pole positions.. I can't loose the rear seats.. Has to be oem!!

If I had a sportback Id already have pole positions.. I can't loose the rear seats.. Has to be oem!!

I have made that drivers seat will be fixed and the passanger seat will have a OMP universal bolt on system with a slight modification that will allow for the passanger seat to move up and lean all the way forward so getting in the back wont be a problem. had my friends Pole Position for a few days and tryed all out and measured what needs to be done, it will be excellent....

Oh and nath dam was wicked mate, 3rd time I been! Went with the mrs this time.. Even better there if u like a smoke or window shopping :drool: