Holla

G12RY_X

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Been using the site a while now and joined after deciding to keep my S3. Only had it since December but after my previous cars (Megane R26.R, supercharged Type R, Astra 888 etc) it seemed abit dull to drive :/

Seeing as i cant decide on what to get next im gonna keep this for abit and do some mods to it. Ive already lowered it on H+R 50mm springs and im looking to get a Revo after a change in wheels. Looking to swap mine for some standard Black Edition ones or some 19" RS4's.

Comments/swaps welcome lol

Heres the car:-

18.jpg

15.jpg

10.jpg

Any pics of your R26.R G12RY_X, got a soft spot for those?! My mate used to have a Megane F1 and I have to say I was impressed with that!

Why would you think the S3's a bit dull to drive? How do you like the 4WD set up? It's fair to say German cars are a little dull in terms of interior etc but they don't have thin plastics and flimsy panels etc. REVO and 19's = EPIC WIN! :o.k:

Why would you think the S3's a bit dull to drive? How do you like the 4WD set up? It's fair to say German cars are a little dull in terms of interior etc but they don't have thin plastics and flimsy panels etc. REVO and 19's = EPIC WIN! :o.k:

because its too sensible. i expected abit more rawness tbh.

ill sort some pics now mate. it was stage 1 (260bhp and 275lbft), braided lines, ITG filter and had the optional Titanium exhaust (£2500 option lol). heres a video. mine is the white one with red wheels about half way in with my plate on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-h441yBdbI

S3 has alot of potential to be released, its a cracking car, Stage II + at 360bhp and 350ft-lb ish, is a very very quick car...

get your car down to QS tuning MTM re-map will remove the sensible in your car.

Nice car.

As a former CTR owner I can see why you would miss it, mine wasnt SC but was still a great fun car to drive.
But TBH I couldnt ever go back after a S3.

The REVO remap will transform the car BTW. Gives the car a lovely aggressive power delivery which feels MUCH more than stock and worth every penny.

Good luck:icon_thumright:

Cheers
Paul

Welcome to the forum mate.

After your previous cars i can see why you'd find the S3 not raw enough. To be honest though, the main criticism of even the R8 is that it's not raw/fun enough compared to it's rivals.

That's what Audi's are i'm afraid...Safe predictable cars! In a good way of course!

Anyway, the suspension change and a Revo will change the car. Enjoy it, it's a cracking motor.

Welcome bud - as said above - mods will release a bit of the animal within.

Another from the North East :)

Nice photos by the way - I like the action shot :yes:

yeah mate, ive heard good things about the REVO and thats why i want the map from them. thanks for the comments. Sure ive seen you going into durham one night RAPS3. was late on one saturday night, sure it was you.

do any of you know of any black edition wheels going or anyone that wants some S3 wheels/tyres?

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone :)

sorry ive took ages getting more pics up but here they are

all comments welcome :)

S3

2.jpg

15.jpg

7.jpg

12.jpg

4.jpg

9.jpg

R26.R

P1030197.jpg

P1030173.jpg

P1030112.jpg

P1030116.jpg

Looks lovely mate, I agree with the way the car feels a bit less involved than others but it's the all-round package I went for too, and i'm hoping that a slice of Revo will sort that a little bit.

Is it Sprint Blue, because unless you're using a filter (or some photoshopping) that looks more like Sepang to me...?

get your car down to QS tuning MTM re-map will remove the sensible in your car.

Yeah they'll also remove a substantial amount of your wallet aswell knowing QST, tbh there are other maps etc out there that get the same results for alot cheaper unless he's lowered his prices, but afaik they still operate in the same manner, look about before commiting to any tuner.

Are you harrys brother by any chance? S3 looks lovely :)

Looks great mate. Any pics where you can see your Xenons on apart from your action one. Just mine don't seem bright enough!

Looks great mate. Any pics where you can see your Xenons on apart from your action one. Just mine don't seem bright enough!

Which type headlights, single or bi & also maybe he's uprated his bulbs.

Whys that? So you can have tea at the Ritz with Kim's mum:

grumpy%20woman.jpg

Feck me thats uncanny resemblance, miserable cow she was I tell yer.

Which type headlights, single or bi & also maybe he's uprated his bulbs.

I have single. I just retrofitted mine an parked next to my mates car which has Xenons with normal philips bulbs you can barely tell mine are xenon!!
You think new bulbs would make a difference? Or do you think it could be the ballast packs?