Very Nearly 'Owned' by Audi Macclesfield

Morzy

Reaction score
Need a new Cam position sensor (£24 + VAT), bought the sensor then rang Audi to see about fitting becuase i didn't have a clue where it was....service told me that it was a 3.5 hour job as they had to take the cambelt off....

Started to wonder, so rang Votex in Congleton, who proceeded to talk me to the location of the sensor, and guess what... its right at the front of the engine and could prob be swapped by my nephew who is 3. One alan bolt and thats it...

****** Audi, i very nearly gave you £400 worth of labour for a 10 minute job!!!

Audi =

camera_fail12859.jpg

Morzy,

How typical is that! If I wasn't busy for £3.62 I'd drive a truck through their showroom windows for you. Nice feeling to have used your intuition eh...

Yes, well chuffed i managed to save a small fortune by not rushing into it and taking the stealer's word for it!

Votex is great, i know them quite well and they service all my cars :)

Thanks for the heads up. Got my Audi for Macc, I'll try Vortex for a 2nd quote if I ever need one.

Bluddy stealers. Go back to them and waste their time and show them what kind of job it is. Try and squeeze something out of them and complain!! I remember once my cousin got his clutch and flywheel done from audi and wanted the old ones back so he could take it to the previous maufactor and complain saying it only lasted 1 year (on decent driving) and audi tried to charge £30 to give the old one back??? Ontop of the 1000 they stole. Baskets!