New Diverter Valve 'D' installed!

Audi-Rog

Six Audi's & Counting!
Reaction score
Had the common problem with the DV on a 2.0T FSI remapped engine (after installing a K&N panel filter).

I felt a sudden loss of boost (and whistling like a kettle!) whilst trying to pull away from a Focus ST (Mk2)

So after a search on here, I decided it was the DV with a split Diaphram that was to blame. So ordered a new upgraded 'D' type DV to fit myself.

I can tell you this looks easy and simple enough on paper but by 'eck it ain't :ohmy: I'm not too bad with cars and have changed most things on my previous cars.

This was tricky and fiddly! It was very tight to get at and the bolts took ages to undo as the wasn't much turning space and my big hands didn't help. So after loads of :banghead: managed to get it swapped over.

After checking the original DV found it had in fact split, which was a relief after all that effort getting it off. Plus the cost of the new DV not going to waste! It's worth persevering and was alot easier to get back on.

You will need a 4mm allen key, torx set/driver (T30) and small ratchet set and a nice hot bath/shower to relieve the serious amount of aching and pulled muscles , plus lying on the ground when it was snowing ,hailing then sunny then hailing again didn't help:wacko::laugh:

Then I took it for a test drive, it's like I'm driving someone else's car. Now it feels like it has been remapped! :scared2: Where as before it was quickish but didn't feel any quicker than my Anniversary Golf with only 180HP.

If anyone has the same symptoms and their car feels underpowered and you can hear your Turbo whistling from in your car with the stereo on!! Then it could be your old DV splitting. ( on TFSI cars normally before 2006)

The upgraded DV part Number is V06H 145 710 D and cost -£50.29 Inc VAT. And is the only type available now anyway, so you can't go wrong!

So, thankyou Audi-sport.net for the info it really did help:icon_thumright:

Maybe someone might get some help from my experience.

Rog

Last edited:
Reactions: Jbelly
Pick mine up tomorrow !! For S3 though so 2 min job to change lol

there is an uprated s3 DV, that is stronger than the old one.

Are you talking about the Forge DV?

If it is an Audi DV, do you know the part number?

As I thought this was the same as the part I've just bought!

Or has it got a stronger Spring/piston to take the KO4 turbo?

:icon_thumright:

Rog

Last edited:
http://www.jkm.org.uk/performance/M...FSI-images/Overviewpage/Divert/NewDV2_big.jpg

This is the link to the uprated oem dv. Its basically the same,they have removed the diaphram which was prone to splitting and its the same valve used on all the 2.0 TFSI engines not just the S3 (i believe).
My S3 is a 07 plate and has the old type dv and because its remotely located on the front of the engine its a doddle to fit :) .

Hope this helps.....

As I'm lazy and can't search easily on my crackberry, where is the DV located on non-S3 TFSI engines?

Any pics?

Thanks

90% sure its bolted directly on the turbo at the rear of the engine hence why its awkward to change.

I believe so but not 100%.
Im sure there will be some post on here with some info.

And is it only accessible from under the car?

I'm no mechanic and I'm sure there is some other way!

However the only way I could see to get to it was from underneath the car, if you had ramps/lifts or a pit and an endless assortment of tools then it would be a very simple job to do! But I don't, hence the headhache (and back/neck and arm ache!) fitting it!:laugh:

The bolts are quite awkward to get at which makes it a bit frustrating, if like me you haven't any patience!

Here is a picture of the old (left) and new upgraded DV:

And here is the DV in Situation( view from under the car):

forge22fu.jpg

Here is a link showing how to fit the Forge Blow off Valve so should help fitting the New type DV.
http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?i...&rlz=1T4ITVA_enGB289GB289&sa=N&start=189&um=1

HTH

Rog:icon_thumright:

Last edited:
Reactions: Jbelly
Does anyone know if these can be replaced under warranty even if it hasn't split yet?

don't think so...but it around 50€

i did mine on the A3 when i first bought it 4 years ago and i found it fiddly but more than do-able on the driveway.

suprising how its £50 now because mine was £25 from Audi!

I found it a nightmare to change when I did mine a few months back (but I am a kack handed fool). I found it easier getting at it through the wheel well mostly.

My original DV was noisier, but it wasn't actually split so I didn't notice any increase in performance when I changed it for the Rev D version.

Does anyone know from which year the new type was fitted before I clamber under the car to find out if I have the old one?

Well I have an 8P1 2005 TFSI engine and that had the old DV. If the DV is on the turbo I would say it may possilbly be the old DV, as the newer TFSI's, S3's and ED 30 Golf have the DV situated at the front of the engine bay.

I read that anything from 2006 should of had the new upgraded DV fitted. But then someone had the old DV on their 2007 S3, so.... the only real way of knowing is to take it off to check.

Somebody else may/will know more I would expect.

Not conclusive but it may help you,

Rog

my car is MY09 7 months old, and it has old DV. i think that MY10 has new uprated DV.

Cheers for the info guys I changed mine today, there was nothing wrong with mine but thought I'd fit the upgraded valve as preventive maintainance :)

I had a quick google search and this thread came up, my heart did sink when I read about the access but tbh did find it too bad although I do have a good selection of 1/4 and 3/8 sockets and extensions from my old R5 GTT days :) I found the most annoying thing was the plastic liners being quite sharp :-( lol

Reactions: Audi-Rog
Bought from GSF Nov 2012:
DIVERTER SOLENOID VALVE Item Number 929VG0930 £46.38 incl VAT and Del.

Does anyone know the size wrench or key you need to get the bolts out it seems the 5mm is a bit to big and 4mm is to small

Does anyone know the size wrench or key you need to get the bolts out it seems the 5mm is a bit to big and 4mm is to small
As member above has mentioned if you view your original post about DV your answer is spelled out for you