Coverting to facelift centre console??

Oranoco

Reaction score
Website
www.passionford.com
There's one at my local scrappy and I've been told they are due another and I have first dibs when it arrives. I'm tempted to convert to the later facelift centre console and switches. Couple of questions;

1. What do I need from the donor car?
2. How much would be a fair price?
3. What happens with my climate control bits as isn't the facelift unot different?

Finally and not console related but if it has rear electric windows what will I need to remove from the donor car and does it matter that the car is a facelift? Will it matter if the car is an Avant as I know the rear doors are a different shape to those on the saloon hence the glass will be.

Cheers people

There's one at my local scrappy and I've been told they are due another and I have first dibs when it arrives. I'm tempted to convert to the later facelift centre console and switches. Couple of questions;
1. What do I need from the donor car? the whole console inc climate, ashtray,switches and possibly the switch plugs as well ciigarette lighter is in a different location so you will to extend the connections i assume you have the cup holder next to the handbrake, you may need the rear console (handbrake area) as will have cigarette lighter.
2. How much would be a fair price?
3. What happens with my climate control bits as isn't the facelift unot different? see Q1

Finally and not console related but if it has rear electric windows what will I need to remove from the donor car and does it matter that the car is a facelift? Will it matter if the car is an Avant as I know the rear doors are a different shape to those on the saloon hence the glass will be.

Last edited:
As atated you need the console plastics front to rear, the cage that bolts to the dash and the HVAC to suit. The switches are obvious, what is not so obvious is you need the control box/relay box that resides above the glove box other wise the fog switches will not operate.

er Also get the drivers knee bolster as the headlight aim switch will no longer fit. The plug will fit the new switch but the wires are about 6 inches too short ( however hard you pul)

The window frame is a different shape on the avant so you will need to do what i did and remove the actual motor asy from the avant frames and re rivet them in place of the manual units on your frames. The wirirng is pretty simple as long as you remember to blag all of the plugs from the newer switches and relays. While you are there get the door frame to b pillar wires so you can have the plugs and grommets in OEM positions.

It sounds daunting but it's reletively straight forward, just get as many bits and bobs as you can for your money

Think for now I'll concentrate on the centre console for now as it sounds like I'm going to need a fair bit. I'm assuming the plugs are different as well so I'll either need to removve the loom or cut the plugs off the doner car and solder to my existing loom

lets hope they dont mind you snipping a bit of the loom as they might wanna sell that seperatley, good luck it will shave years off your car

what you need

centre console
radio cage
cup holder (+illumination wire)
fog switches and switch blank (+fog connections and relay)
climate control unit (+plug to extend heated window wiring)
ashtray (+illumination wire)
facia and switch surround
gearshift surround and gaitor
handbrake console (+connector to extend cig lighter wiring)
drivers knee bolster with headlamp height switch (plus wiring to extend)

i sold all the above on ebay for £125 but guy hasnt paid so its still available if scrappy charges more or its wrong colour?

for the rear windows the harness is self contained so no cutting required to remove or fit but its a pain to remove

just trace harness and dont cut anywhere, you did it the hard way mark
also front passenger window harness can be used as a rear one and gives one touch up/down where the rear ones dont

Really? I couldnt find a join to the main loom from the b pillar so i er hacked it,lol

Soldered it all anyway so no probs. Nice idea on the front loom, hadn't thought of that :icon_thumright: