B Pillars from matt to mirror in 30 mins....

phoenixv6quattro

staylowmovefast
Reaction score
Just to make anyone with pre-facelift cars aware, your matt black B pillars polish up very easily with a lakes light cut pad and some menzerna 203s polish. Just takes 30 mins of elbow grease. They come up like mirrors, you could ****** shave in them! No machine required. Did mine a few weeks ago before work started raping me.....

Last edited:
this_thread_is_useless_without_pics.gif

Fu**ing hell! Will get some up in a few hours......Or I might just think ****** and not bother due to the fact that a perfectly good bit of advice has been deemed useless without the aid of big colourfull crayon pictures. Next time I shouldn't bother with anything let alone pics......

Last edited:
Crikey man, calm down!

It wasnt supposed to be offensive, just a comical way of saying "i want to see this!".

I wanna see this too! I've already got shiney B's - but interested to see your efforts!

Therefore, I expect high resolution before and after shots, with some in-between action images too.

Otherwise... this thread is useless without pics! :moa:

Excellent result.

Did you take the B-pillars off or did you do them in-situ? If the latter, did you need to mask off the window surrounds, etc?

I've got some 203s at home. Might give mine a good going over.

In-situ. No masking required. Just washed the surrounding trim afterwards and applied 203 protectant to anything that wasn't 100% black. The trick is to use a top quality cutting pad. As stated I used a lakes light cut pad (the orange one). Polished Bliss sell them.....

203 protectant...

Remind me the full name of that again please... I had some in the past, though it was great, ran out, threw the bottle out and didn't get any more.

I know it's not cheap, but it's ****** good!

I wanna see this too! I've already got shiney B's - but interested to see your efforts!

Therefore, I expect high resolution before and after shots, with some in-between action images too.

Otherwise... this thread is useless without pics! :moa:

hahahaha quality

Looks good mine would need doin similar principal i guess for facelift?

Tazzy: Its a cutting compound, think car polish but much much more aggressive.

To get the Pillars that shiney you'd use the 203s and the cutting pad just like you would when polishing a panel on your car. As he says its a lot of elbow grease.

I've just ordered some 203s, the light cutting pad and some other bits (buffty wash mitt, clay bar lube and a microfibre buffing cloth) from polished bliss, and i HATE polishing cars!

You should have polished A pillars mate. A feature of facelift iirc

yes there are bud, they have some minor scratches which need to be polished out i guess

Cheers for answering tazzys Q Aragorn. Guess your not such a bad guy after all!lol..I was on my period this morning with no towells, and was bleeding out. However, Giles you are and so are you Floyd for encouraging him......Your both on remedial posting. No go and sit in a corner and think about what you've done.....lol, only kiddin fellas. Fair play, like a bit of banter.....

Polish untill the 203 goes hazy, then wipe off with a buffing towell. Repeat this. Do it 4-5 times each side. Each time it takes 3-4 mins of polishing for the 203 to go hazy......

Polished Bliss should be paying me commission for this thread. Looks like everyones been reminded and is buying stuff from them today! Lol!

Last edited:
I can't do that to mine....it would mean I would have to wash the rest of it!!

I just ordered some for my car today as well as 303 so i can get on with it next week if the rain holds of just a quick question i have an avant so will it work on the roof rails aswell do you know i think it will but not sure what you think phoenixv6quattro :)

I can't see why it wouldnt work. The finish/paint appears to be the same. Its a good job you said that because I too have an avant and didnt think if that so guess what I'm doing next weekend!!!! : • ).....If there anything like my b pillars they will be mirrors!!!!

Elbow grease and savage pressure!!! A few hours on each rail will crack it. Thing is who the hell is going to spend a few hours on each roof rail??!! Me! Because I'm a loser.......lol

thats probably were i failed, i cant be ***** putting that much effort into polishing my car :p

I did my B and C pillars, but didnt get them to a mirror finish, just made them shiney then couldnt be ***** doing any more lol.

Fair one. It does take a while and a lot of savvy to get them like mirrors. All depends on the "can I be *****" factor.....

just done my pillars too, only it took less time and cost me nothing and NO elbow grease required!

just go to any local sign maker and ask for any off cuts in black vinyl, just clean pillar and apply vinyl to pillars,use finger to rub vinyl so it sticks , dont even need to remove trims, then trim around edges with a sharp knife (some of you may need an adult to help) and instant shiny black trim, if any slight creases just leave for a couple of days and the sun seems to iron them out.

TBH if I were going down the "stick on" route (which I have never liked due to the fact the appearance is actually a fake one) I would have gone for the carbon fibre kits that are available from the states. You can't replicate shiny black paint very well so its much better to put 30 mins hard work in and achieve a real result. Anyway, its more satisfying when you have put the work in....

Get some pics up of your vinyl ones mate. Lets see how they look.

TBH if I were going down the "stick on" route (which I have never liked due to the fact the appearance is actually a fake one) I would have gone for the carbon fibre kits that are available from the states. You can't replicate shiny black paint very well so its much better to put 30 mins hard work in and achieve a real result. Anyway, its more satisfying when you have put the work in....

Get some pics up of your vinyl ones mate. Lets see how they look.

couldn't you use a rotary polisher to do it, that's what i'd do being a lazy git