H&R Springs Fitted Today

david_phillips95

Reaction score
Decided to get the H&R springs fitted today, so my mate and i got stuck in.
The H&R Springs
IMG_0827.jpg
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g234/david_phillips95/IMG_0827.jpg
Before Lowering...
IMG_0829.jpg

IMG_0831.jpg

IMG_0830.jpg

IMG_0835-1.jpg

Work In Progress...
IMG_0838.jpg

IMG_0840-1.jpg

IMG_0839.jpg

Lowered...
IMG_0843-1.jpg

IMG_0845.jpg

IMG_0844.jpg

IMG_0846-1.jpg

Love the new stance, Very similar to OEM when cruising and stiffer when cornering hard. Really a big imporvement.
Cheers Davie

Last edited:
Very nice. Just need to push those rears out with some spacers!

Great result. The stance is sooooo much better. Can't wait to get mine now ...

I cant see the pics or click the links, am i being a spaz? lol

This thread would be perfect if you had some peektures of the before lowering stance and after lowering stance put side by side.
But nevertheless, awesome ride. Getting my S3 in another month. Already ordered H&R springs. Cant wait!

Looks very good Dave. Spacers would set it off a treat. Just looking at ordering spacers to sit in the garage beside the springs, hurry up March! Car looks so much better lowered, good work!

sits perfect, not too low, just about right. 10mm spacers would make it look even better.

Looks Good m8,
Did u get your alloys refurbed as they look brand new!!!!,
I have some h&r spacers somewhere off my old mkv golf if ure interested,
Hit me back and let me know

Look's nice mate there good spring's and when they fully settle they sit just right , For the price anyhow ...

Thanks Paul.
Im just drooling right now infront of my comp. Great choice of colour!

Looks good.

This is a great mod.

It gives the S3 much more `attitude` if you know what I mean, toughens up the whole feel.

Firmer, tighter, flatter, squatter, yet still fairly compliant.
Just right.

cheers
Paul

You cost me a set of springs with this thread, ordered mines last night!

Car looks so much better.

Looks Good m8,
Did u get your alloys refurbed as they look brand new!!!!,
I have some h&r spacers somewhere off my old mkv golf if ure interested,
Hit me back and let me know

going to wait till the better weather comes in till i get them done, would be gutting if i got them refurbed and hit ice again lol

what width are the spacers?

Cheers Davie

So this kit makes an s3 25mm lower and a stock a3 25mm lower? It's just im confused cause i know the s3 is already lower than the a3.

-Rich

This kit makes an audi S3 25mm lower, remember an OEM S3 is lower than an OEM A3, id say this makes the S3 40 - 50mm lower than a stock A3, just an educated guess tho.

Cheers Davie

Hey David, how are the springs working for you so far?
Got a few questions for you..

1. How does the HnR springs fare compared to the OEM ones in terms of comfort? Is it stiffer or does it bounce all over the place?
2. And also, does it really help in your handling? Does the car feel more planted down when you make corners?
3. Last question, has the springs dropped lower ever since you got it installed? Its been almost 3 months now.. Any difference in height?

Sorry for all the questions mate! Really hope you can solve this "mystery" of mine so i can get mine installed :p
Cheers :)

Ordered mines today after that **** up with Drivers mate, you'e put a smile on my face and can't wait for them to arrive now :D

What happened at drivers? you will love it when you get them on, the car feels so much sharper

Hey David, how are the springs working for you so far?
Got a few questions for you..

1. How does the HnR springs fare compared to the OEM ones in terms of comfort? Is it stiffer or does it bounce all over the place?
2. And also, does it really help in your handling? Does the car feel more planted down when you make corners?
3. Last question, has the springs dropped lower ever since you got it installed? Its been almost 3 months now.. Any difference in height?

Sorry for all the questions mate! Really hope you can solve this "mystery" of mine so i can get mine installed :p
Cheers :)

I fint the ride to be very similar to OEM

The handling is far better than OEM, the car is more stable and precise when cornering at speed.

I cant say i have noticed any movement in height, still sitting perfect :)

If your looking for a lower ride height with OEM comfort, great handling and great looks i would highly reccommend H&R

Cheers Davie

What happened at drivers? you will love it when you get them on, the car feels so much sharper

Basically tried to sell me a Eibach kit with 2 springs for £20 less than a full kit, then told me my S3 had air suspension so didn't have any springs on the back. then wanted £140 to fit 2 springs... enough said really.

My car is now going back to standard and i will be selling these springs, see the for sale section or drop me a PM if you are interested.

Cheers Davie