What colour?

smudge_don

Reaction score
I've got my VMR v710's sitting in the garage, waiting to be treated and then putting them on in the spring when all the salt and crap from the road is gone :)

Problem is, i can't decide what colour i want them to be

Lava Grey is such a hard colour to match things with!!

Any suggestions people?

Wheels:

SDC10125.jpg

Car:

DSC03400.jpg

Gorgeous rims mate! In my opinion - Black rims ftw
Plans for your car sound good!

I don't think you can really better good old silver rims against Lava Grey mate, dark wheels against Lava just doesn't look right imo!

Gorgeous rims mate! In my opinion - Black rims ftw
Plans for your car sound good!

Black doesn't go with the car :( i've had a photoshop of em done in black and it just doesnt work :(

Cheers, can't wait til it's all finished :)

I don't think you can really better good old silver rims against Lava Grey mate, dark wheels against Lava just doesn't look right imo!

Silver is BOORRRRRING :laugh:

purple....hahahaaa

White? white grill, mirrors....roof etc etc :s just a thought

I dont think black looks bad at all..

Hyper silver all the way mate. Will match the mirrors and grille frame. Lava's too dark to carry off black alloys IMO. Maybe a slightly darker shade along the lines of a gun metal might suit?

Looking forward to seeing them on the car. Look similar to HRE monoblocks which are one of my all time fav wheels so will be interested to see how they suit the A3.

Good work!

Lol I'm sorry I didn't explain myself. "Normal" people probably won't like them black on lava grey, but I got a soft spot for black rims!
Thinking about it silver would look HOT, take a look at this
on a white car but just goes to show silver is also for the win :p haha

purple....hahahaaa

White? white grill, mirrors....roof etc etc :s just a thought

I dont think black looks bad at all..

Purple is my fav colour and was my 1st choice, but again it doesn't go :(

I'm getting an s3 bumper and optics grille fitted soon, so that will be black

Hyper silver all the way mate. Will match the mirrors and grille frame. Lava's too dark to carry off black alloys IMO. Maybe a slightly darker shade along the lines of a gun metal might suit?

Looking forward to seeing them on the car. Look similar to HRE monoblocks which are one of my all time fav wheels so will be interested to see how they suit the A3.

Good work!

Ye i was thinking a dark anthracite or something, with a purple pearl over the top to give it something different ;)

Well I think silver would look good but will take your s line alloys off you when you put them on if you want to get rid of them.

Not sure about what colour but loving those rims mate... personally I wouldn't be able to wait till spring! Get 'em on!!!!

Last edited:
Well I think silver would look good but will take your s line alloys off you when you put them on if you want to get rid of them.

S Line's are being kept for winter wheels mate, sorry

Ninja Green or orange will look sick as I've said to you A MILLION TIMES

Kawasaki green would look amazing, but not the look i'm going for!

Not sure about what colour but loving those rims mate... personally I would've be able to wait till spring! Get 'em on!!!!

I know, it's so hard to leave them neglected in the garage :( but i just spent over £1000 on these baby's so i don't want the shiit roads to ruin em in the winter

i think some sort of dark anthracite with a purple pearl over the top to give it something a little different is in order :)

It depends on what you like, you know I'm into all the 'euro' modding and styling, and against his colour, those imo would work...

I was joking, I think it would look very cool. Grey works well with a bright colour.

I'm outside your window :ninja:

LOL!!!

This is just random! Ok own up..... which one of you punks was it that was tailgating me in the other day?!!

Maybe we should a mini-meet now! Instead of Lakeside we'll do Sutton Halfords :ermm:

Last edited:
No worries fella just noticed that your from Sutton, its a small world as I am only from Wallington.

Sweet, we need to organise a meet :)

Very small world..I'm from carshalton

Wooop! Another one :)

The world just got smaller.... I'm from Morden!

And another :)

LOL!!!

This is just random! Ok own up..... which one of you punks was it that was tailgating me in the other day?!!

Maybe we should a mini-meet now! Instead of Lakeside we'll do Sutton Halfords :ermm:

I overtook a black A3 on the A217 the other day????

PM going out to organise the meet :laugh:

i like the black against the grey, but best is probably white or a deep red if you commit to coding some other things red too

organise that meet don im up for it god i hate that a217 as those speed cameras love me grrrr