Crash pics!!

if you need any advise on the legal side of things then drop me a pm I am sure it will sort itself out remember ure very lucky to walk away

Aslong as you've walked away alive, thats the main thing! I hope everything goes well with your claim and your car. It was a beauty and hope to see it back on the road!

Gops

if its any consellation to you, i now know I want my calipers in red instead of black :p

hi mate I am a solicitor so here goes even on the m1 there might be CCTV cameras so might be worth following up on this and asking them if as is probably the case the accident was caused by an uninsured or even an untraced (if the t/p driver isn't found it's untraced) you can claim off the mib for compensation and your solicitor will handled this if you find the driver and they are insured you can claim the excess
etc aswell basically your solicitors will wait for the police report and the conclusion of their investigations as it is always easier to sue an insured driver then going through the mib either way as long as the police and witnesses agrees that the accident was caused by this third party driver you can claim keep reiepts of all your expenses and get checked out by
a doctor as physio helps alot with whiplash injuries

Further to this, the ANPR cameras that are pretty much on every A road and motorway, log all registrations (where it can read them) and the dates/times. The Police will look at this log and should be able to track down the car that didn't stop.

Just seen the pics...What a nightmare....

As others say - at least you're OK!

What the prognosis onthe car? I guess it will be repaired rather than w/o.
How are things with your insurance co & traceing the 3rd party?

Sorry - may'be too many questions - but only curious.

Let us all know how you get on. Hope all is well.

Tim.

if its any consellation to you, i now know I want my calipers in red instead of black :p
As long as my misfortune has in some way helped someone else! Lol.
It did the calipers myself. I stripped them down and used a wire wheel on a drill to clean them up then used red letterbox Hammerite. Built this up in light coats though trust me!

Further to this, the ANPR cameras that are pretty much on every A road and motorway, log all registrations (where it can read them) and the dates/times. The Police will look at this log and should be able to track down the car that didn't stop.
The only problem is that it was such bad weather, visability was poor and i dont think the police can be ***** to be honest. They barely left their car at the scene!

Just seen the pics...What a nightmare....

As others say - at least you're OK!

What the prognosis onthe car? I guess it will be repaired rather than w/o.
How are things with your insurance co & traceing the 3rd party?

Sorry - may'be too many questions - but only curious.

Let us all know how you get on. Hope all is well.

Tim.
The questions are cool.
The car is at my work(bodyshop) and is being repaired when we get back to work which is really good. My insurance company have been compliant so far apart from courtesy car issues which my boss kindly sorted out for me himself (Honda Jazz 1.2 mind you lol)
I have third party details although this may not be the car that sent me into a spin as it is black (or atleast this is what the police logged it as) and i have blue paint on the rear end of my car! Although this person is claiming i hit her from behind!! Crazy b*tch!! As if being taken out on the motor way two days before Christmas wasnt enough this person has the cheek to blame me!! The only way i could have damaged her car in the way it has been is if we were both reversing up the M1 as the damage is on the back of my car and on the front of hers. She must be thick as sh*t, im sorry but im sure you all know what im saying!

As long as my misfortune has in some way helped someone else! Lol.
It did the calipers myself. I stripped them down and used a wire wheel on a drill to clean them up then used red letterbox Hammerite. Built this up in light coats though trust me!

I did this with my passat, already given the calipers a top up coat of black but I think red would look better

The questions are cool.
The car is at my work(bodyshop) and is being repaired when we get back to work which is really good. My insurance company have been compliant so far apart from courtesy car issues which my boss kindly sorted out for me himself (Honda Jazz 1.2 mind you lol)
I have third party details although this may not be the car that sent me into a spin as it is black (or atleast this is what the police logged it as) and i have blue paint on the rear end of my car! Although this person is claiming i hit her from behind!! Crazy b*tch!! As if being taken out on the motor way two days before Christmas wasnt enough this person has the cheek to blame me!! The only way i could have damaged her car in the way it has been is if we were both reversing up the M1 as the damage is on the back of my car and on the front of hers. She must be thick as sh*t, im sorry but im sure you all know what im saying!

some people aren't capable of admitting there at fault though

Its not looking good guys! My insurance company had a look at my car today and now they are waiting for a quote from my bodyshop but the problem is it needs a complete new chassis leg which means an engine out job! I think the price will mount up too high and it'll get writen off, i'll know tomorrow im assuming! Pretty p*ssed of to say the least!!

think id be playing a game of how quickly can i rip all my mods off if it came to that

Correct me if im wrong but if a cars over three(3) years old they use recycled parts to keep costs down.
Maybe writing it off is the best thing though, it will never be the same?

Correct me if im wrong but if a cars over three(3) years old they use recycled parts to keep costs down.
Maybe writing it off is the best thing though, it will never be the same?
You have been misinformed there my friend. Insurance companies will always try to save money where they can but not using 'recycled parts'

If it is to be repaired it will be as good as new. Alot of people say it'll never be the same but if seen cars bent like banana's drive straight as an arrow again. Its just my chassis leg thats bent, pray for me lads!!

think id be playing a game of how quickly can i rip all my mods off if it came to that
Oh i'll be doing that! Not long had my tyres on there, drilled and grooved disc, new red stuff pads but not sure how ill get these bits off without insurance company noticing lol also my remap is gona be sent to the scrap yard too. God now im really thinking. My leather seats, nav :puke2:im truely gutted, i love my Audi and wont be able to afford another for a while if this gets written off

Oh i'll be doing that! Not long had my tyres on there, drilled and grooved disc, new red stuff pads but not sure how ill get these bits off without insurance company noticing lol also my remap is gona be sent to the scrap yard too. God now im really thinking. My leather seats, nav :puke2:im truely gutted, i love my Audi and wont be able to afford another for a while if this gets written off

So did you not declare any of these extras on your insurance then?

Also did you take out gap insurance when you bought the car?

Its been written off now.....
The repair cost came in at £8036! They said i could have it repaired or get what the car is worth so i haggled them up to £10,000. Im happy with that.

Now do i get a new Audi or buy a little crap box for work?
The problem is that i put so much effort into keeping this car mint, worrying about where i park it etc, like im sure we all do, i just dont want to go through it all again. When i bought my Audi i was working for a company where i got a company van so only only used my car weekends. Now i drive to and from work it costs me a fortune!

Get a quattro as seem to remember you debating it before. Poss 2.0TDI 170 for slightly better fuel economy. Or spend half the money on an older s3 or s2 coupe and have a load of laughs.

Funny you should mention an S3, just got off piston heads having a look. I want over 300bhp if i do get 1. All i know is they are cheaper to tune than mine! My mate has a nice 1, its a good car, will have to see. Its a confusing time but need to make a decision in the next few weeks

Could you not buy the car off the insurance company ? If so what did they want for it ?

300bhp will kill your fuel economy though, if running costs are a concern for the 2.0TFSI you had. Plus it'll cost you a fair bit to mod it unless it's already been done.

S2 on the other hand can have had a lot of RS2 upgrades from the previous, Turbo, injectors, manifold and are around or more than 300bhp at a lower cost than the S3's. I prefer them too, but won't mind either. S2 will still kill your pocket on fuel too though.

A4 2.0TDI quattro though, remap it to 210bhp with DPF bypass, have better economy, bags of torque and a decent amount of power. Bet you'd find it didn't feel that much slower than the 2.0TFSI either.

All depends on whether you want to spend all your insurance money and poss add to it, or spend half and save half.

Whatever you do though - quattro power :eyebrows:

I've just gone from a Passat TDi170 with a stage 1 map and as you say, theres not much in it

300bhp will kill your fuel economy though, if running costs are a concern for the 2.0TFSI you had. Plus it'll cost you a fair bit to mod it unless it's already been done.

S2 on the other hand can have had a lot of RS2 upgrades from the previous, Turbo, injectors, manifold and are around or more than 300bhp at a lower cost than the S3's. I prefer them too, but won't mind either. S2 will still kill your pocket on fuel too though.

A4 2.0TDI quattro though, remap it to 210bhp with DPF bypass, have better economy, bags of torque and a decent amount of power. Bet you'd find it didn't feel that much slower than the 2.0TFSI either.

All depends on whether you want to spend all your insurance money and poss add to it, or spend half and save half.

Whatever you do though - quattro power :eyebrows:
I agree with the running costs. Just after a cheaper car now. Very deflated about losing my car, oh well!

Finally been paid out and have decided to prospone buying another Audi for a year or two as i want to move somewhere nicer than i do and need to save, save, save! This also puts back my projected RS4 purchase. But im knocking on now (25) so need to man up and get myself a bigger place and i suppose move in with the missus as been putting that off too lol!
Its just a shame as i loved being an Audi driver and making mine unique and showing you guys on here. Still, wont be forever and will still be on here from time to time to advise and probably wind some people up! Lol

Anyway just thought i would update.....

Craig

Finally been paid out and have decided to prospone buying another Audi for a year or two as i want to move somewhere nicer than i do and need to save, save, save! This also puts back my projected RS4 purchase. But im knocking on now (25) so need to man up and get myself a bigger place and i suppose move in with the missus as been putting that off too lol!
Its just a shame as i loved being an Audi driver and making mine unique and showing you guys on here. Still, wont be forever and will still be on here from time to time to advise and probably wind some people up! Lol

Anyway just thought i would update.....

Craig

P.S Thanks to all advice concerning this matter

This is interesting as im unsure who hit me! How did you get on with making a claim through the MIB? Im not familier with who these are.

I seriously have a bad neck and back from it but not sure id get anywhere with a compo claim as i havent been in an accident like this before.

You guys support and advice is great so any further help is welcomed greatly...

My neck and back are still hurting mate and i was hit in november, so i suggest you get a claim in ASAP.

My neck and back are still hurting mate and i was hit in november, so i suggest you get a claim in ASAP.
I cant be *****. All id get is funding for therapy on my back which wont be a long term fix anyway....plus i technically had a bad back before so you know....lol

Thanks for the advise though mate