09 Cluster Fitted!

N8

Kowalski Details
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hi Peeps,

As you know I have a 2008 A3 2.0 TDI, I have been searching and wanting for months and months and months, a cluster out of an 09 TDI (or 08 cabby etc) with white DIS, well I finally picked one up last week from Patrick. Thanks Pat!!!!!!! It was the beautiful and handsome Mr Nigel who brought this to all of our attention earlier this year in HIS thread.

So this morning I had it coded in by Stoke Audi who were fantastic and it cost only £52, instead of the £216 that Manc Wanc Audi were charging, going to write a letter of complaint about them! As they customer service is the ultimate failure.

Only error was the steering which was heavy and light on dash, went away after I got back to Manni, did a scan on vag-com and no errors! Job Done. Mileage is getting corrected on friday for £80.

Old cluster:

ClusterBefore.jpg

New Cluster:

ClusterFitted.jpg

Sorry for the shambolic E61i pics, new Bold here soon :wub:

Any questions, fire away.

Cheers

N8 :hi:

P.S - I would also just like to recommend Ben @ Shark Performance for his help and advice through this period also. I'm considering him for a remap, he's a very knowledge guy, whos great at what he does!

Last edited:
Reactions: CarpeDiemyucel
Sounds good price, guess mileage is another issue LOL. I'm also guessing as your is newer the fuel gauge & network controller version wasn't an issue. Its a MOD I fancy too. I'd be temped by Ashleys but the speedo is different than mine and I dont know if that was a issue.

Nigel's is an 04 so he must have an older version. I just updated info about mileage, also ashley's cluster has now been sold to matt following my success! :happy: White cluster is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better.

LOL, ok. It was just the S3 speedo goes up higher than my A3 speedo.. Glad its gone to a good home. Nigel has changed his network controller to Rev K already and his fuel guage was ok too.

As said, its looking good!

Is Audi correcting the mileage or are you having it done 'privately'?

If it is then £80 is a bit hefty for a 2 minute job.

Last edited:
if you have the tools to do, you can charge what you want until everybody else catches up LOL

It is a lot for all they do though, but they have the outlay to recoup

Audi can only do mileage on clusters that are either new or under 100 km's, over that & they just install & leave mileage as is.

If it is then £80 is a bit hefty for a 2 minute job.

They have to take the cluster out, its not done via the diagnostic port. £80 was the cheapest price I had!

Audi can only do mileage on clusters that are either new or under 100 km's, over that & they just install & leave mileage as is.

Nigel is once again CORRECT!

Looks good Nate. And glad your pleased with them:) Whats next?

Check my sig as mentioned above...all in order :wub:

I have to say I even called Wanc Manc Audi for Nate given I had done this mod twiceafter he advised they were tearing him a new rssssseeee & both times it was a 30 minute tops job with test drives, it actually takes 5-10 mins max to do cluster coding/swap etc, but I allow 30 mins, but they still, even after I explained it in technical terms to Wanc Manc what was involved, came back with same 2 hrs to do which really was a complete & utter pisstake.

I have 2 invoices to show the time taken to do this job & 2hrs is total & utter ballshavics, also Nate has had his done for 30 mins time at stoke audi, so beware of Manc Audi & there charges as they are supposed to conform to the same timed units as everyother audi dealership, obviously they dont.

I have to say I even called Wanc Manc Audi for Nate given I had done this mod twiceafter he advised they were tearing him a new rssssseeee & both times it was a 30 minute tops job with test drives, it actually takes 5-10 mins max to do cluster coding/swap etc, but I allow 30 mins, but they still, even after I explained it in technical terms to Wanc Manc what was involved, came back with same 2 hrs to do which really was a complete & utter pisstake.

I have 2 invoices to show the time taken to do this job & 2hrs is total & utter ballshavics, also Nate has had his done for 30 mins time at stoke audi, so beware of Manc Audi & there charges as they are supposed to conform to the same timed units as everyother audi dealership, obviously they dont.

I might try phoning Ingrams in Ayr and TPS in Paisley see what they say -we have an account with them both of them.

Doesn't the white DIS missmatch the red LCD on the air controls? I think I prefer red anyway, retro look. :arco:

The lcd on the air con is red and the cluster is white on the new 59 plate , looks sharp Nath ! glad it all came together. , no thanks needed LOL!

If you dont mind me asking; how much was the cluster?

Looks great BTW

guffy

Very nice mate,aren't you due a change of wheels soon :moa:,its been atleast a few weeks now

Very nice mate,aren't you due a change of wheels soon :moa:,its been atleast a few weeks now

Helios are so sick, they need time to marinate :thumbsup:

Nice one Nath

Who actually did the mileage correction for you then?

One of patrick's mates does it. Should be 2moro.

Nate mate, another job well done... so how many of the jobs on your 'To be Done' list will be completed by Nigel? lol. :thumbsup:

Nate is a good lad, very good friend, I'm happy to help him anytime I can

Nate mate, another job well done... so how many of the jobs on your 'To be Done' list will be completed by Nigel? lol. :thumbsup:

Nigel's coming up to Manchester when he gets back and he's doing the S3 S-Tronic Shifter for me, rear heated seats, and also auto closing mirrors. He'll be here for a couple of weeks then by the sounds of it :laugh: It's ok, as he'll be driving back home with a lovely detailed car :wub:

Nate is a good lad, very good friend, I'm happy to help him anytime I can

Cheers Nige back @ you :wub:

Gonna have to get Nigel to do my mirrors too at some point! For his services, I'll take him around and show him the sights of Essex.. (bar brawls on southend on sea...!) LOL

Yep - you is defo on my Radar too Nathan for a Detail. Don't hold your breath waiting but I'll certainly be in touch mate.

Cheers, KKP

Helios are so sick, they need time to marinate :thumbsup:

Nath i absolutely love the Helios :wub:,the joke was everyone was asking about your next mods.and being a true wheel whore i thought you must be due some new ones by now :lmfao: