Weird alarm problem

Custard

Reaction score
Hello,

right, when i lock my car with the remote, the lights dont flash, they DO flash when you unlock it. ive not found anything else that doesnt work yet, im not sure if the alarm is working dunno how to check?

Any ideas chaps? :)

thank you kindly

Dave :hi:

Welcome to the site.

Sit in car, lock the car with remote, then wait for a minute then move about & see if the ultrasonics detect you, the blinkers on lock are a codable option aswell, so maybe the last owner had this turned of, vagcom will answer this tbh mate.

Also leave window open, lock car see if sonics detect the air changes

If you ever want the genuine vagcom kit, PM me.

Hello,

right, when i lock my car with the remote, the lights dont flash, they DO flash when you unlock it. ive not found anything else that doesnt work yet, im not sure if the alarm is working dunno how to check?

Any ideas chaps? :)

thank you kindly

Dave :hi:

Try opening the bootlid, then slam it shut, and arm alarm again. If indicators flash, problem sorted. :o.k:

You thinking the boot lock sensor then JoJo

Ok well none of the above worked I'm afraid :(
The car locks but when sat still for 1 min nothing happens when you move . The little light by the door lock doesn't work either ? So in conclusion , the alarm isn't arming ?

Cheers

Ok well none of the above worked I'm afraid :(
The car locks but when sat still for 1 min nothing happens when you move . The little light by the door lock doesn't work either ? So in conclusion , the alarm isn't arming ?

Cheers

Can you check something else. Open your doors/boot 1 at a time, and check that they display correctly on the DIS as being open/closed. A common issue is that the door sensor is shagged.

You have very similar issues to mine, which I still haven't fixed! (try searching for "alarm" threads posted by me).

I get no notification in the dash when I open or close anything. didnt realise you were meant to!

My interior light comes on when you open the doors though ?

Its probably nothing to do with anything, but opening and closing the windows with the remote DOES work.

cheers

humm ok, sounds logical, ill have a ganders tomorrow, is the bonnet switch fairly easy to spot .

ps, sorry for the double posts, for some reason my phone feels the need to repeat itself apparently!

It sounds to me like the switches that are tellin your DIS that the doors are open are shagged. you should get a basic car picture appear in the middle of the dials with it showing the relevant door open. each door has two switches; one for the DIS and one for the interior light. the interior light switches seem to be working fine.

I had the same issue with my passenger door switch. the door was registering as closed but the interior light still thought the door was open....causing the alarm to sound off. Im currently trying to source some of these switches as you can only get them if u buy the entire lock mech from Audi. :motz:

if you want to have a look at the thread i wrote on my problem (with pics of the switch) search "dodgy lock fix"

although it would be strange for all of them to have gone.:think:

I also have an Audi A3 on a 99 plate, and have issues with alarm. Before i throw my faults in to confuse the issue more, i have a quick question. I also do not have a display that tell me if doors are open! Should I?

I also have an Audi A3 on a 99 plate, and have issues with alarm. Before i throw my faults in to confuse the issue more, i have a quick question. I also do not have a display that tell me if doors are open! Should I?

No, I think the DIS that displays door open or not only applies to facelift cars with one piece headlights and facelift dash. My 99 S3 doesn't have this feature.

Sorry Jojo, id have to disagree with you there....my early 2000 pre-facelift has the door open display on the DIS.

yeah, and half of the damn pixels are broken (on the list of fixes to do). but that is what helped me diagnose my lock problem. the DIS suggested the doors were open, when clearly they werent. U appear to have lost out my friend

ok something very weird happened today, i parked, opened my door...realised my passenger had left their window down, so i tried putting it up with the remote, the passenger door locked (still shut) but mine didnt (cause it was still open) (putting the window up didnt work anyway cause my door was open) but when my passenger opened their door (still locked) the indicators started flashing, then stopped when i pressed the fob.

im pretty sure those were the sequence of events, but would clearly surjest the alarm is arming in a way. however there was no siren/horn

ps, my display is pretty good with only a couple of llines missing, so theres deff no pics

i did and couldnt do it lol

Okay, ill sort out getting my car vagcom'd then

Thanks for all your help everyone