Hmmm strange

Ash B

Reaction score
I always have a look at this local dealer stock as they always have a few Audi's & VW coming and going. But this just made me laugh....

2007 57 reg Audi S3 Ice Silver. Have a look at the photo and tell me if you notice any thing?
1246867-1.jpg

Hmmm S3 with A3 s-line front bumper? :think::lmfao: Seems a bit dodgy any one agree? See if you can notice any thing else;) If any one buys the car like that and without asking ALOT of questions must have some thing wrong with them! http://www.jeffwhitemotors.co.uk/sales.asp
I have nothing to do today so may pop down there and go for a test drive:cool:

Thanks
Ashley

Last edited:
It has the S3 gearknob and dials, arent the dials really expensive to retro fit? :eek:

The accelerator pedal is chrome but clutch and break pedals arent... are all S3 pedals chrome?

S-Line steering wheel - complete mismatch right across the board :eek:

Last edited:
Piano black inlay around the gear knobs and aluminium inlays around the door, standard airvents and the ESP button is out of place also

I wonder if the stealer paid S3 money for it... hes in for a shock

:wtf:Yowsers! I'd never of spotted that - are you sure it's defo not S3? Were quite a few differences between 07 & 58 S3's in terms of cosmetics?!

I'm not even quite sure what to make of it lol! Beside ARSEH*LES! :)
Think some one should give them a call and point it all out ha;)

what would be the chances this realy is an S3 and previous owner just mugged it and put the wrong front bumper after a smash??

ill call them lol!

what would be the chances this realy is an S3 and previous owner just mugged it and put the wrong front bumper after a smash??

ill call them lol!

Thats what probably has happend. Cardiff do have quite a few dodgy car garages. But common sense to put an S3 bumper on it! And sort out the interior! Go on mate you know you want to lol!

called em.. its an s3.. i knew it would be cause what dealer would purchase a car without checking chassis no etc...

i said why does your s3 for sale have a s line bumper??

becuase the previous owner marked the old one and replaced with this.. how could you do that? i guess it must have bene before he sold it.. this is what scares me buying 2nd hand cars.. you just never know history

there is a group of drug dealers who live near me no older than 25.. they have a 997 turbo vconvertible in white on a 58reg.. the car has been into lamp posts twice with large amounts of damamge.. seen in be towed off twice and come back like new both times.. someone in the future will buy that car thinking its a peach and it will probably been totally unrecorded..

It's either an S3 that someone has made some random changes to like the pedals and the air vents (and bumper!).

OR

It's an A3 that someone has spent a LOT of money on. S3 seats, S3 dials, S3 gear knob, S3 FBMFSW, S3 side skirts, S3 wheels and S3 brakes.

I think it's an S3. Very weird though!

EDIT: well that's settled it then. Weirdos!

Last edited:
called em.. its an s3.. i knew it would be cause what dealer would purchase a car without checking chassis no etc...

i said why does your s3 for sale have a s line bumper??

becuase the previous owner marked the old one and replaced with this.. how could you do that? i guess it must have bene before he sold it.. this is what scares me buying 2nd hand cars.. you just never know history

there is a group of drug dealers who live near me no older than 25.. they have a 997 turbo vconvertible in white on a 58reg.. the car has been into lamp posts twice with large amounts of damamge.. seen in be towed off twice and come back like new both times.. someone in the future will buy that car thinking its a peach and it will probably been totally unrecorded..

So they never thought about changing it back dicks. Showing they have alot of common sense! And how can you have an S3 mark the bumper and then fit an A3 S-line bumper to it:tocktock: There a few cars like this down here 08 TT-S total write off looks brand new and been sold on. I know Audi fixed it but heard the bill was huge.

So they never thought about changing it back dicks. Showing they have alot of common sense! And how can you have an S3 mark the bumper and then fit an A3 S-line bumper to it:tocktock: There a few cars like this down here 08 TT-S total write off looks brand new and been sold on. I know Audi fixed it but heard the bill was huge.

i know! i would never even consider that car now.. and to be fair when i called i could tell the guy was thinkin "another person calling to tell me about the bumper on the S3" i dont reckon anyone with a bit of knowledge of s3's would buy it! just got crashed written all over it!

Complete muppets! :scared2:

They'd probably sell it for more, and easier, if they fitted an S3 bumper on it themselves!

Confused by the other changes though. Especially the 2 types of inserts.

Possible scenario?

Car is stolen, releived of some of its parts.
Its then recevered, returned to the owner with the money to fix it.

Its fixed on the cheap , never recorded on the HPI register and sold on to a dealer that isnt is as AUDI savvy as some.

Very unusual. I personally hate Jeff white anyway, so if they get stung and have bought a duff car....fantastic! Might actually pop in there and ask to look at the car and documentation so I can find out who previously owned it and congratulate them LOL. Its over priced for a 2 year old car anyway, alone one thats cocked up with switches that look like they are falling back inside the dash.

Well for me I think its an S3 but crashed/stolen & repaired given clocks wouldnt go on another car, the console has been hashed as buttons not correct as recessed which denotes single din buttons used, has facelift climate even if prefacelift car, the bixenons would have headlight washer system but dont on sline bumper, the brakes look like the 3.2 345mm & as mentioned other things aswell.

Not with a barge pole

Wrong bumper, different inlays, S3 Side Skirts (weird), Buttons Out of Place, No Chrome Pedals, New Style Climate Control

well take your pic.

If this isn`t a weird car , then what is?!

Please somebody go over there and take a look , i`m dying to know if it is an actual S3, which i 100% doubt

i know! i would never even consider that car now.. and to be fair when i called i could tell the guy was thinkin "another person calling to tell me about the bumper on the S3" i dont reckon anyone with a bit of knowledge of s3's would buy it! just got crashed written all over it!

They could of at least changed the bumper. Common sense if they dont like the calls then changing the mugs! Makes there company look really unprofessional and dodgy as hell. If they knew it was an A3 bumper why they not change it straight away. No one looking for an S3 is going to look at that, It has DODGY and CRASHED wrote all over it. Thats S3 not had a good life lol

Possible scenario?

Car is stolen, releived of some of its parts.
Its then recevered, returned to the owner with the money to fix it.

Its fixed on the cheap , never recorded on the HPI register and sold on to a dealer that isnt is as AUDI savvy as some.

Could be right Paul

Very unusual. I personally hate Jeff white anyway, so if they get stung and have bought a duff car....fantastic! Might actually pop in there and ask to look at the car and documentation so I can find out who previously owned it and congratulate them LOL. Its over priced for a 2 year old car anyway, alone one thats cocked up with switches that look like they are falling back inside the dash.

I can remember you saying you dont like Jeff White at the meeting! lol
May i ask why Martin? I have my own reasons for disliking them aswell.
For that price will get a better looking S3 and one thats been treated right.

Wrong bumper, different inlays, S3 Side Skirts (weird), Buttons Out of Place, No Chrome Pedals, New Style Climate Control

well take your pic.

If this isn`t a weird car , then what is?!

Please somebody go over there and take a look , i`m dying to know if it is an actual S3, which i 100% doubt

I wont be far from where the S3 it located on Monday. So may pop in;)

Bearing in mind my local AUDI dealer has a decent spec 57 plate in black, advertised for (an optimistic) 22K, in the scheme of things its not a wacky screen price.........
........just a wacky car:nyah:

Similar sort of thing happened to me a couple of years ago.
After a lot of persuasion with the dealer, got a great deal on a Mk6 Fiesta Zetec S, so me being happy as larry and ignorant as hell, Forgot to check the minor details which i didnt notice until it was too late.
The minor details such as the rivets under the tailgate holding the rear bumper on were a slightly different colour, and one of the mudguards inside the rear arches seemed fairly new. Plus water gathering in the spare wheel well after heavy rain.
After some investigating, it turned out it was an ex hire car and had been rear ended causing £1600 worth of damage! I wasnt exactly impressed shall we say! :motz:

Its not fair that cars get sold on like this without having the damage recorded. What happened to common decency and honesty! :keule:

Similar sort of thing happened to me a couple of years ago.
After a lot of persuasion with the dealer, got a great deal on a Mk6 Fiesta Zetec S, so me being happy as larry and ignorant as hell, Forgot to check the minor details which i didnt notice until it was too late.
The minor details such as the rivets under the tailgate holding the rear bumper on were a slightly different colour, and one of the mudguards inside the rear arches seemed fairly new. Plus water gathering in the spare wheel well after heavy rain.
After some investigating, it turned out it was an ex hire car and had been rear ended causing £1600 worth of damage! I wasnt exactly impressed shall we say! :motz:

Its not fair that cars get sold on like this without having the damage recorded. What happened to common decency and honesty! :keule:

Ouch sorry to hear about that mate. If i ever buy a car private i'll be taking my uncle who a mechanic to check it all over.
All the decency and honesty went out the window few years back mate!

can remember you saying you dont like Jeff White at the meeting! lol
May i ask why Martin? I have my own reasons for disliking them aswell.
For that price will get a better looking S3 and one thats been treated right.

Its a long story Ash, but basically he tried to rip me off a couple of times. Bought a car (A4 1.8TQS) off him one Friday evening, paid £500 deposit, returned on Saturday and he had sold it to someone else. Tried to tell me the deposit was non refundable because I had returned after 12am. Anyway the car was for sale at about £7500 with 70K on the clock (V reg) A week later I found the black one I had before the S3. Ending up paying 8K for it with 45K on the clock and mint (W reg). Had it a couple of weeks and took it to Jeff Whites for a laugh to see what they would give me against a Boxster S. Offered me his top book price of £3500, what a ****!! He told me they were hard to sell and he had only just sold a silver one with lower mileage then mine for 3K. I guess he had forgot I had been a couple of weeks before.

Its a long story Ash, but basically he tried to rip me off a couple of times. Bought a car (A4 1.8TQS) off him one Friday evening, paid £500 deposit, returned on Saturday and he had sold it to someone else. Tried to tell me the deposit was non refundable because I had returned after 12am. Anyway the car was for sale at about £7500 with 70K on the clock (V reg) A week later I found the black one I had before the S3. Ending up paying 8K for it with 45K on the clock and mint (W reg). Had it a couple of weeks and took it to Jeff Whites for a laugh to see what they would give me against a Boxster S. Offered me his top book price of £3500, what a ****!! He told me they were hard to sell and he had only just sold a silver one with lower mileage then mine for 3K. I guess he had forgot I had been a couple of weeks before.

What a f*cking a*sehole. I dont blame you for not liking him. Did you get your deposit back after? You can tell he was born a c*ck. What a dodgy company. Thats a company you dont want to do business with!

Last edited:
If you look, all of the bits that look `odd` are the bits that would be taken by theives.

For example, the centre console was likely butchered if/when the original RNS-E was ripped out, hence the badly fitting current console and switch gear that are inconsistent with the cars year of manufacture, and the ill-fitting buttons.

The bumper would be easy pickings too, hence the wrong replacement.
Also the pedals.

In fact they have all probably changed hands on e-bay already.

Sounds more and more like an unrecorded stolen recovered car, patched up on the cheap. (alledgedly, and purely speculation on my behalf of course).

Cheers

Paul (aka Sherlock `Colombo-Taggart` Holmes)

My money say its a S3 thats had a front end smash and been repaired by a backstreet garage.

The "dodgy" guys round my way have a flippin R35 GTR and a M3 and a scooby RB320!!! and they're my age - i bet one of them kind of guys has had and shunted it.

Who cares....,,,

Useful post edition. No one cares. Just found it funny

My money say its a S3 thats had a front end smash and been repaired by a backstreet garage.

The "dodgy" guys round my way have a flippin R35 GTR and a M3 and a scooby RB320!!! and they're my age - i bet one of them kind of guys has had and shunted it.

Your right Kaz. I spoke to a friend last night who knows the guy who owns that garage, and he said it was in a bump and parts were stolen. Just thought it was funny how the garage and the owner never thought about putting the proper parts back on to make it look not that dodgy. There was a Lava Grey RS4 driving around by me that was a CAT D but not seen that for the while think the boy sold it as he now has a TT-S and Mini JCW. Be suprised how many nices car in city have been smashed up and just repaired nothing on the HPI!

Reg numbers can be checked against a central database, the car insurance quote companies do and the Glass's guide website. Glass's Guide didn't have this one listed, but the Endsleigh site (I've found easiest to look up reg nos) have it as a "S3 FSI T Quattro 1984cc, 3 doors, Hatchback, Petrol, Manual, 2006 onwards".

My money's on the stolen, partially stripped & recovered option.

Your right Kaz. I spoke to a friend last night who knows the guy who owns that garage, and he said it was in a bump and parts were stolen. Just thought it was funny how the garage and the owner never thought about putting the proper parts back on to make it look not that dodgy. There was a Lava Grey RS4 driving around by me that was a CAT D but not seen that for the while think the boy sold it as he now has a TT-S and Mini JCW. Be suprised how many nices car in city have been smashed up and just repaired nothing on the HPI!

CAT D/Damaged/V Car doesnt matter no more imo. A friend knows a friend who knows a friend that can take a car off the national database or insurance database.

For example: on autotrader, there's an 08 Astra VXR Nurburgring with white wheels and not accidentally recorded but it was written off by insurers with a HEAVY and i mean HEAVY side smash! Theo only way i found out was the previous owner listed it on the vxr site as it being smashed up or i was going to buy that before i bought the Type r.

Its sad to know soeones going to spnd 17k+ on it and not now the history - i do hope the car is fixed right though...

Car worlds a dodgy game - anything 10k+, get RAC out otherwise you could loose a sh!t lowd of money! Wouldnt even trust dealers nowadays!