Anyone fancy an S2 avant? (swap for s3)

dest

Reaction score
Due to work i have to get something newer because of more travelling :(
I cant post pics at work but search for my username on s2forum.com and loads of them and the spec will show up! Basically its one of the last ever made, rare colour with leather seats, h&r springs with rs2 shocks. 18s, 280bhp, miltek etc etc

Last edited:
Forgot to say, also pics in the s2 section on here too!

Sorry, I forgot to say I was looking for a swap in my last thread!
It got locked, as it looked like a for sale ad... I see swaps are ok here as the leather swap one hasnt been locked :)

Anyway, I am looking for a swap if anyone is interested?

Can post full details if so, not too bothered about colour of an S3, or spec either, totally standard is fine.

This is my S2:

AIP1.jpg

Good luck mate, thats a very good example you got there...you got any more details on the spec of it???

Thanks, full spec:

280bhp
S2forum remap
Roose silicon hoses including intercooler O ring replaced with hose
RS2 waterpump/cambelt
RS2 shocks and H&R springs
18" RS4 deep dish replicas with 5mm spacers on the front
Boost gauge in centre vent
TT225 calipers with UrS6 314mm discs
Milltek cat back system
Grey leather (rare option) with carbon trim
Aux rad and aircon removed
Electric sunroof, windows and mirrors
Cat 1 alarm
Very rare N reg, one of the last S2 Avants ever made
Very rare colour
Orange filters removed from rear lights
HID headlights with matching LED side lights
Smoked oval side repeaters
£000's of reciepts, tons of history, last owner maintained at MRC
No boost leaks atall, holds 20PSI rock solid
All dash lights work, no bulbs gone!

det19.jpg

det23.jpg

det25.jpg

Very tempting there...
What kinda miles has it done?

Wrong time for me at the mo, but if it was still on offer June/July next year i'd snap it up...

Then again, with a reasonable offer on the table...

It is on 175k.
Now for those with no knowledge of the S2 would instantly think that is really high and would run a mile!
The reality is, these engines are considered to be at their best at 150k, and only just run in!!
Someone has taken the head off theirs last week at 200k, and it still has the original factory honing on the bores. That is not uncommon atall.
Everyone on the s2forum will tell you milage is not remotely an issue on these cars.
It runs like new, no smoke no leaks. Oil pressure on the gauge is spot on as it should be.
I am offering a straight swap, good S2 Avants are very hard to come by now, and fetch 4-5k and sometimes more.
There are only approx 200 left on the roads now, maybe less, there were only ever 320 made in the first place!
S3's are going for 4k regularly, so it sounds fair to me :)

Well I can vouch for the engines on them. I had a coupe a few years back & it was the best built car I've owned!!!

The S4 & S3 don't even come close in build quality!

I had the head off mine at 85k due to a timing belt failure, & it still had the factory honing on it, not even a mark!

As with all owners, I recon my S3 is worth a bit more than 4k...

03' & mint, & only done 50k miles...

Exactly, they are bomb proof!
Some consider the S2 to be one of the last really well built Audis, and Id be tempted to agree.
I had a '98 S4, and that wasnt as good either.
Obviously the newer S3's are worth more, but there are plenty of prefacelift ones on the market for under 5k.
Im not bothered for a facelift one, so thats not really an issue

Not really an issue in the uk is it? LOL
It does have electric sunroof too.

The aircon was removed by the previous owner as it didnt work, but I think it only needs a compressor and hoses to work again, I was thinking of refitting it at some point because it is VERY rare to have aircon and a sunroof, as it was a no cost factory option of having either one or the other.
Hardly any had both!

What is so good about AC? Open the window and listen to that 5 pot soundtrack!!

What you have to also remember is, as I already said, most only had one or the other anyway! So 99% of adverts like this would just have it listed as having a sunroof, with no mention of AC atall

Have to agree as well. And now I'm driving my Felly more after selling the A4, I defo miss the climatronic.

i keep looking at s2's and think about getting rid of the a4 for one. an avant would be handy for me. out of interest what sort of mpg can you expect from an s2?

Drive it really hard and it can drop to 15. All round mix of town, quick blasts here and there and some cruising (so basically what you usually average) is 23-25. A long run can get 30+ sitting at 75-80

To avoid confusion, dont think mine has had the climatronic removed! Uk S2's never had it, only the european ones

to be honest I not sure on the consistency with for sale ads (or ones very close to being one). I had mine locked down very quickly, but another member who I mentioned still had there "ad come thread" running and was left alone...... :think:
You can use the forums as a heads up with a link to the classifieds, not as an actaul ad, that was the difference, i did check !

Dest is not looking to activley sell it, he wasnt to swap with an 8L owner for his S2, so sticking it in here would be the obvious choice. If i were to see it littered with prices and phone numbers, i would close this too

No, sorry, with all due respect its too slow and the wrong wheels are powered!

Will have gutted cats (originals included too) fitted over the next week or so

4" bass port mod on the airbox (Maybe something you S3 boys could do too?)

airbox1.jpg

airbox2.jpg

Some interior pics...

int1.jpg

int2.jpg

int3.jpg

int4.jpg

Nearly £19000 of receipts and paperwork!! (Not all shown)

paperwork.jpg

Thanks, it is a job offer and the need to comute that is dictating it mainly.
At the moment the S2 is pretty much a weekend only car, it barely does 30 miles a week at the moment!

Forgot to put a pic of the enginebay on lol

enginehoses.jpg