Lowering my S3 help!

ibiss359

Reaction score
Hello all!

I'm a newbie here, my 8p ibis white s3 is currently being built and will be ready in about 6 weeks. Meanwhile I have bought some 18" speedline turinis which i am getting sprayed black.

I'm looking to lower the car so that the wheels sit nicely in the arches, but i'm unsure of what i'll need. How much should i lower the car by to make it look its best, will 25 mm be enough? I see alot of banter about H&R springs, do i need springs and shocks? Anyone have any other ideas?

Any help and advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have H&R springs in my S3 and they are fantastic! I had coilovers in my previous A3 which were great but love the springs!

I plan eventually to get H&R anti roll bars and by the opinon of the majority of S3 owners on this site, the H&R combo is one of the best handling options available!

JonnyC had this set up and then went to coilovers and prefered the H&R!

how much did you pay for your H&R springs, and how much for fitting, and what did this lower your car by?

cheers

how much did you pay for your H&R springs, and how much for fitting, and what did this lower your car by?

cheers

£190 or so from germany

http://www.orange-tuning.de/shop/audi-sport-springs-25mm-p-12358.html

that is the cheapest you will find on the net - I searched high and low. A number of people now have bought from him with no complaints! Great service

Fitted them myself with a mate, very easy!

Lowers the car a GENUINE 25+mm - sits nearly as low as my coilover in my old a3 but I have 19" wheels on my S3 so they fill the gap that little bit more

£190 or so from germany

http://www.orange-tuning.de/shop/audi-sport-springs-25mm-p-12358.html

that is the cheapest you will find on the net - I searched high and low. A number of people now have bought from him with no complaints! Great service

Fitted them myself with a mate, very easy!

Lowers the car a GENUINE 25+mm - sits nearly as low as my coilover in my old a3 but I have 19" wheels on my S3 so they fill the gap that little bit more

Great thanks for this!

I'm unsure weather to spend th little extra on weitec coilovers, just in case i want it that little lower! As you said, you've got 19" so they'll sit better than the 18's i have.

Damian - one question: in your opinion (I know you stock the lot so can't say too much) how good are these compared to the more expensive H&Rs, KWs or Bilsteins ? Why such a price difference ? Thanks.

Weitec are quite a new brand compared to H&R, Bilstein and KW so they don't have the same recognition.

They're actually made by KW so are very similar to the V1's with the exception that they're galvanised bodied and the KW's are stainless steel.

For the money I can honestly say that they're one of the best value coilovers available on the market today.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Weitec are quite a new brand compared to H&R, Bilstein and KW so they don't have the same recognition.

They're actually made by KW so are very similar to the V1's with the exception that they're galvanised bodied and the KW's are stainless steel.

For the money I can honestly say that they're one of the best value coilovers available on the market today.

Damian @ DPM Performance

I'm almost sold on these i think. What would be the benefits of going for a more expensive brand over the Weitec coilovers? Is 40mm the max they go? Do you know an approx cost for fitting?

Thanks