High Mileage Q's

Nutkin

Reaction score
Im off to have a look at a 2.0 TFSI on monday but it has about 79k miles on 06 reg. should i be worried about anything.

What are the cams like for these should it be changed of have been changed?

Is this too many miles.

i have a 10-11k budget for a new car and a A3 2.0TFSI S-Line would be a fantastic car compared to the Leon i was looking at.

I have just come from an 05 Reg Leon TDI and am fed up with diesel power delivery.

Another one crossed over from ccuk, ;)

80k is nothin really, especially if its been looked after you wont have a problem

That looks like company car mileage and often they have pretty good service history's.
Check the history, get a guarantee and knock the price down. Most importantly, check the belts have been changed because Audi say 4 years 40k miles now. Other than that....use your 6th sense :)

every 40k? that seems excessive!

and Hi Tommy :) i know smudge is on here :)

yeah 79k is nothing for these cars providing it has been looked after!:icon_thumright:

every 40k? that seems excessive!

and Hi Tommy :) i know smudge is on here :)

It used to be nearly double that but they changed it this year. Its age more than mileage to be honest. That said if it goes then we are talking big bucks.....they sent me a reminder that mine needed changing last month and the V6 dosnt have timing belts.......Good old Audi :)

ive been told by an audi mech to watch for leaking rads or boost hoses. now i plan t whack the forge boost hose kit on anyway for the vanity lol.

Is the belt much to change?

i rmemeber my leon was an engine mount off etc etc jobby

but something tells me audi mount there engines differently so id assume its a much easier job.