roof box

nickyb

nickyb
Reaction score
hi, i have an a4 04 plate 3.0ltr cabriolet and in the boot you have to pull the lever across to lower the roof down. it also drops down a flap in the boot aswell where the roof box lowers does anyone know if this flap has to be on or can it be removed and would the box still lower if it is removed any help would be grateful as i am trying to do a install in my boot but the flap gets in the way.

Are you talking about the full width storage box or is there something else that that drops down that I haven't spotted?

no its the full width its a flap that folds down with the box i guess its some sort of protection for the actual box but not sure.

must be just a protection thing its just a piece of plastic that stretches across the width of the boot and folds up and down with the roof box

I know what you mean, it is a pain in the ar*e actually, Its just there to let you know what you can put in the boot safely without touching the actual roof box as its lower than the actual box

You can take it off, but you run the risk of hitting the roof box and worse case scenario if the roof is down affecting a sensor