for the final time...

Adam-D

Reaction score
i want some good seats for my a4 avant

now if it means i have to change to door cards and carpet to match i will.

what a4/passat interior wil fit?
would a rs interior fit

and what years

half leather, or just cloth
mine is cream atm, but if im doing the whole lot, then black is prefearable

i dont want full leather

but im after the tightest. bucketed seat for my car

im a skinny ****** so sliding onto the other side of the car when cornering is annoying

anyone know of cream seats, or a full dark interior for a decent price ill have it

The only half leather I know of for your B5, are from a 1,8TQS or S4.

I would stick to A4 parts for completeness, bits of a passat interior might fit, but not all of it.

Does your car have the standard SE seats? If so the Sport seats are a nice improvement. All the models bar the RS4 use the same basic seat, its just the covering thats different. So S4 seats will be just as close fitting as some normal 1.8T sport ones.

The cheapest option would be to find someone breaking a sport and getting the full cloth interior from that. Anything with leather will be more expensive, and the 1.8TQS half leather is pretty rare, as the cars themselves are pretty rare.

RS4 parts will fit your car, but they'll cost you the best part of a grand.

As far as i know there are no differences between the years, but i'd get some confirmation before spending any money.

The only half leather from the S4 are the blue alcantara aren't they? A very 'marmite' choice of interior!

You could look at RS4 Hi-tech seats (half leather/half fancy stuff), but they are usually big bucks.

eBay has a couple on at the moment:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audi-A4-front...Q5fVehiclesQ5fCarPartsQ5fSMQQsalenotsupported
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDI-A4-FABRI...Q5fVehiclesQ5fCarPartsQ5fSMQQsalenotsupported (you'll need to ask if they are B5 though)

In the meantime, why not invest in a CG-lock to stop your skinny *** sliding around so much - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CG-LOCK-Incre...Q5fVehiclesQ5fCarPartsQ5fSMQQsalenotsupported :icon_thumright:

Infact just realised there's a guy who will probably be selling his black leather/blue alcantara S4 interior.

Ash25 over on AudiSRS and RS246 (he may also be registered on here) has just bought a new interior for his widebodied S4 so I assume his half leather will be surplus to requirements.

that will do me,
i have a 4 point harness on drivers seat at the mo, but there is no support its rubbish, i had a set of sport seats i think they cost me near 200 quid and the rears didnt fit as i have a random rear setup.

so had to sell those at near 100 quid loss. so you see im starting to get a bit ****** off with the ****** thing.

a decent set of sport seats would be good. but they would have to fit,.

jesus my corsa sport had better seats than this car.
my bro's xr2 has better seats. ****** hell my sierra xr4x4 from 1989 has better/more supportive seats.

i really am getting sick of it,. how hard does it have to be,. who do i have to pay to get anywhere with this car.
lol. really really starting to annoy me.

Never realised you were on the Wirral. Small world! Ash's seats are at Unit20 in Neston.

will the complete interior fit mine?
as its an avant?

and could you contact him for me?

if not, i dunno what ill do, considering getting a couple of corbeau seats for the front.

does your car have split folding rear seats? if not then it might require some fiddling to make the rears fit, as i'm pretty sure the S4 will have splitfolding rears.

Fronts should just drop in.

yes mine has split folding with

a seat catch like this

myseat.jpg

Looks the same as what our avant has i think, cept our seats are black (its a sport).

You'd need to check the S4 seats had the same fixing, or perhaps change the catch on the car to suit the S4 seats. (Or break out the zip ties)

i want it to be bolted down solid as it should be.
thats the reason i sold my other seats as i would have had to cut into the body of the car to make the diffrent catch fit.

well you'll need to see what the script is with these S4 ones are like.

It might be something they changed during production, so cars after a certain time will have the different catch?

From what i can tell on vagcat, avants from 1995 to 1997 and ALL sedans used the same seat catch, avants from 98 onwards used a different catch.

So that would mean that you really need either an early avant seat or a sedan seat. I'm not sure if the sedan seats are a straight swap though.

need to see the sedan seats then. or just find some avant stuff which will make it easier.

That looks like the Saloon catches, although they are maybe mounted horizontally as opposed to vertically. Should be easy to fabricate a bracket to use, and as Ash is fitting RS4 seats, he'll probably sell his brackets as well.

Will drop him a PM.

Yer it seems that after 98 they changed the avant catch to a kinda sideways pin, a bit like a door catch. Sedans and early avants seem to use the same slot style catch though.

I've emailed Ash and pointed him to this thread. I think he has an account on here. If not, i'll pass on any messages.

Hi mate, been pointed towards this thread by blue thunder.

Well i have a 99 s4 saloon with blue alcantara/black leather s4 seats which i think looks pretty nice, but some people say they don't like it, it certainly is different!

as scott has said, i am replacing my current seats for some rs4 hitech ones in the next couple of weeks.

thing is i am not sure if i will keep my seats and turn them into some 'different' seats for the house yet or not, you know....top gear style.

if i do decide to sell some pics below for you.

haven't got the car with me at the moment as its still at unit 20, but here are a couple of pics with glimpse of the car while it was at the workshop, so bear in mind it is a bit dirty and dusty, but i think the seats are in ok condition. they would need a clean and a bit of leather conditioner, but otherwise not too bad for a 100,000 mile car.

DSC02956.jpg

DSC02971.jpg

DSC02969.jpg

i will be able to get some better pics once i have the car back though.

the second pic shows the drivers seat which has obviously had the most wear, but not in bad condition.

As far as i can remember, the catch handle is horizontal on the top of the seats on the rear, and they are split folding, with a ski hatch thingymajig.

hope this helps! any questions, just ask. mainly on audisrs, theres a thread on there on the widebody conversion if you are interested.

Ash

hehe cool, that post above was my first post!

Ash

cool looks good,
couple of questions, will the door cards come with it? as they all match?

and do you mean your catch mech is the same as mine?

Hi mate, yeah i think the door catch looks like the one you posted above.

well if i do sell, i am not sure on the door cards, as it depends if i can find some black leather door cards to replace them.

to be honest, my door cards aren't in the best condition, with quite a few scratches on them. i am going to get some door pods made for the speakers so this would cover up the scratches and also poss get the blue retrimmed at the same time to match the new seats.

new door cards cost an extortionate amount of cash, its ridiculous.

if i sell, i might be tempted to sell it with the door cards, but they aren't in the best condition and wouldn't want you to get too excited about them!

will be hopefully getting my seats in the next 2 weeks or so, so will know more once i have my seats out of the car mate.

will get some more pics for you once i get my car back.

Ash

You've been looking for a set of seats since man first walked. They are located about 10 minutes down the road from you, why don't you just go and see them????

If there was an award for 'most threads by a single person relating to the same subject and the answer could be within his hands in 'the real world' within 10 minutes but rather than do so he continues to post' award, I would nominate you.

:banghead:

yes every time i get a set there either wrong, or wont fit, or no one is helpfull.

ill arrange to go see them, but as he said,. there not ready to be removed yet, and he doesn't know if he is selling them yet so it'd be a bit cheeky just presuming so.

Hi mate, well the car will be at unit 20 for a couple more days at least so you can go and have a quick look if you want.

just phone ahead to let marting know that you are coming to make sure its still there before you turn up.

if i can find some other door cards that will match my new seats then i will include the cards if i sell, as of course i will no longer need them, but i am telling you, they aren't in the best condition! i assume the scratches on the door cards can be sorted but not too sure really.

its prob easier for you to look at them while its at unit 20 than once i have the car back to be honest.

let me know if you want to see them, so i can tell martin to expect you mate.

Ash

ive been to see them the catch is the same :D :D :D

so saloon seats. they fit well into a avant? or is there some jiggery pokery?

i like em :)

Reckon they will be identical fitment. As mentioned, i've got avant seats in my saloon. Only the catches were different.

i think it needs a clean, :)

but stunning, i want fat arches like that ...

i shouldn't have gone there, soooo many stunning cars