KW vs H&R Springs

S3-N

?
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience of KW lowering springs for the S3?

Do you know how then compare to H&R on ride height, stiffness, quality etc?

Cheers
N

Nope, but I can vouch for KW V2 coilovers, KW are the best money can buy, you won't regret it

I've been in N8KOW's car with KWs and I have H&R springs on my S3 (I didn't when I saw you though Nate !). The H&Rs are great but the KWs in N8KOW's car are noticeably better - so planted through a tightening corner yet no hint of boneshaking. But then they are 4 times more expensive ....

Does anyone have any experience of KW lowering springs for the S3?

Do you know how then compare to H&R on ride height, stiffness, quality etc?

Cheers
N

I've got some eibach pro 30mm 4wd springs boxed if you are looking & many will agree they're very good.

But I have H&R Anti Roll Bars also Iggu! Plus the coilys are on soft, wait till they aren't turnt up! How's things Andy!

I'm Ok ta mate - those ARBs are next on my list !

I've got some eibach pro 30mm 4wd springs boxed if you are looking & many will agree they're very good.

I did actually think about PMing you about these but have been looking and I can't find eibachs listed for the S3.... or I can but it says they only do front springs for it. I know they are 4wd springs and can't think there's much difference but in that case why not list them? :think:

I dont know any reasons why they wouldnt fit as 4wd anyway same as the other A3's, anyone know valid reasons?

Nope, but I can vouch for KW V2 coilovers, KW are the best money can buy, you won't regret it

yeah V2s are good and a better option than the springs alone. It does seem you can get away with just springs on the S3 without compromising ride too much. I'm really only after a 20-25mm drop to compliment some 19" CHs. Will see how it goes.. if it's really bad i'll then have a really good justification for coilovers in a couple of months!!:)

the eibach pro's are perfect for the 8P's tbh, I'm far from a suspension lowering person, but tbh the ride height/look for the car now is perfect, really does suit it & with CH's which are some of the very rare aftermarket ones I actually like would compliment

the eibach pro's are perfect for the 8P's tbh, I'm far from a suspension lowering person, but tbh the ride height/look for the car now is perfect, really does suit it & with CH's which are some of the very rare aftermarket ones I actually like would compliment

If someone is able to confirm that the eibachs would be fine on the S3 then i'd definitely be interested. I will ask some places that sell them tomorrow. :sm4:

Yeah if the eibach uk site would work then we'd be able to check but cant see difference from A3 4wd & S3, mine should have been 2wd not 4wd, ooops so someone will save few bucks.

I have a 2.0 TDI Quattro S-line and have heard that the eibach springs are less harsh than the S-line ones that are already fitted, can anyone confirm this???
Cheers

Eibach Pro's are much better than any Audi ones fella, not saying cause selling mine, but many on here have upgraded from sline to Eibachs & so far not one complaint that I've seen.

Get no bounce, nicer handling, just overall alot better

(they're new by the way, 4 weeks old when I got from RobinA3)

yeah V2s are good and a better option than the springs alone. It does seem you can get away with just springs on the S3 without compromising ride too much. I'm really only after a 20-25mm drop to compliment some 19" CHs. Will see how it goes.. if it's really bad i'll then have a really good justification for coilovers in a couple of months!!:)

S3 is a £30k car, £800 on suspension seems minor then really!

Its true, but then again how many have got the car on credit not cash purchase, so in that instance I could see how £800 is alot with S3 monthly loan, but cash purchasers make me laugh cause they buy 30k cars then wont cough up money for decent part which as you say £800 & actually known a lot less than this, lol, but horses for courses nate

I'm unsure weather the Eibach A3 8P Quattro springs would fit the S3. As said, Eibach only sell the fronts for the S3 but H&R also use different parts numbers for the S3 8P and the A3 8P Quattro.

Damian @ DPM

Its true, but then again how many have got the car on credit not cash purchase, so in that instance I could see how £800 is alot with S3 monthly loan, but cash purchasers make me laugh cause they buy 30k cars then wont cough up money for decent part which as you say £800 & actually known a lot less than this, lol, but horses for courses nate

The problem is usually that you have coughed up for numerous other decent parts and need to draw a line somewhere.... or at least it is for me. If the springs are fine then good, if not i'll have to swap to coilovers as ride will be *****. Why dive right in where there are plenty of other bits to spend the difference on the meantime. :)

Ok I spoke to Eibach UK as the site is down for EU, they say the A3 4wd & S3 are different interms of the S3 has a longer wheel base, I'm finding that hard to believe as I've never heard at all on this site & other places, I always thought the A3 quattro & S3 shared the same setups, but I queried & asked they email me when they have spoke to Eibach germany for a definitive answer.

The problem is usually that you have coughed up for numerous other decent parts and need to draw a line somewhere.... or at least it is for me. If the springs are fine then good, if not i'll have to swap to coilovers as ride will be *****. Why dive right in where there are plenty of other bits to spend the difference on the meantime. :)

I ummed and aahed over the springs too S3-N as I have two daughters under 4 to ferry around on a daily basis and couldn't afford to turn it into a boneshaker. But I have been seriously impressed. They are not harsh but they improve turn in and cornering speeds by a huge margin. I've not done a track day on them yet to really test them out at the limit but you will notice the improvement the first time you turn the wheel. Fantastic value for money.

Thing is they are supposedly even better with the H&R ARBs and that's another £500 - but as they say if you wanna play you gotta pay.

Is that the HR springs or Eibachs, anyone got uprated ARB's on a 2wd car & what differences it made, someone said to me its better to have bigger on the rears than the fronts on 2wd, any comments?

Like that, if you wanna play, you gotta pay

No comments on my question then Damian?

but as they say if you wanna play you gotta pay.

Nicked it off VRStu - I liked it too !

Oi :moa:

PM me mate - I know exactly what you're looking for. I have had one for over a year - 100% reliable. Its 704 software but, as others have reasonably pointed out, you can't update the software - but then I've never needed to. I hasten to add its not me selling them but I will PM you the name as somebody on here helpfully PMd me the name last year.

I don't share this protectionist view of RossTech's product and service. If its priced at a level where you would NEVER buy then you are not a lost sale to them - you are buying an alternative. If you are 100% anti-counterfeit and own NOTHING which you haven't paid for (no copied CDs, videos etc.) I can see why you might want to take the moral high ground. But let's face it the SDS Hack is a counterfeit "hack" and I'm willing to bet the people objecting to you using counterfeit software in this instance have done the SDS Hack thus taking salaries out of Audi engineers pockets. Bit hypocritical in my view.

Anyway PM me if you want one for about £85.

:busted_cop: :angrymod: :whistle2:

I ummed and aahed over the springs too S3-N as I have two daughters under 4 to ferry around on a daily basis and couldn't afford to turn it into a boneshaker. But I have been seriously impressed. They are not harsh but they improve turn in and cornering speeds by a huge margin. I've not done a track day on them yet to really test them out at the limit but you will notice the improvement the first time you turn the wheel. Fantastic value for money.

Thing is they are supposedly even better with the H&R ARBs and that's another £500 - but as they say if you wanna play you gotta pay.

Cheers Iggu that's good to know... especially as i'm now booked in to have the H&R springs fitted. :thumbsup:

Keep hearing good things about the ARBs..... should really resist for now as Evoms CAI, wheels, tyres and springs in a month isn't doing the old bank balance much good.... but while the car is on the ramps it might be worth finding out how much extra it would be to do them at the same time..... might save some money :)

Cheers Iggu that's good to know... especially as i'm now booked in to have the H&R springs fitted. :thumbsup:

Keep hearing good things about the ARBs..... should really resist for now as Evoms CAI, wheels, tyres and springs in a month isn't doing the old bank balance much good.... but while the car is on the ramps it might be worth finding out how much extra it would be to do them at the same time..... might save some money :)

You did good N8KOW - the fitting for ARBs isn't cheap as they have to drop the subframe at the front. They're on my list (along with HPFP and REVO Stage 2+) but like you I'm not made of money ! Plus waiting and doing things when you can is part of the fun IMO - would be rubbish getting it all done in one go.

:sign_unfair: :tapedshut: :shrug:

Think Stu was right tbh, you were promoting counterfeit leads so whats your problem, I could go on & on in this thread aswell but you said it yourself which is kinda contradictory to a degree.

& I quote:

but as they say if you wanna play you gotta pay.

So its fair to say if you wanna play with your car properly then you gotta pay a proper price, but alas, same old story, big expensive cars & tight fisted wallets, lol, really amazes me, my cars got this, that everything else, my exhaust cost me £1500, my wheels cost me £2k, :blahblah1: but I cant login into my module cause my V7 lead doesnt work etc & cause I cant afford £200

Its funny cause they closed that thread just when it was getting interesting, shame, I like a good debate

Think Stu was right tbh, you were promoting counterfeit leads so whats your problem, I could go on & on in this thread aswell but you said it yourself which is kinda contradictory to a degree.

Hey up Nigel - you done the SDS Hack ? VIM Hack ? Ever advised others on how to do it ? We both know the answer. So you're promoting counterfeit hacked material - kinda contradictory to a degree.
:box:

Aha the debate continues, looks like gloves are of, ding ding round 2, lol

you in one hand say this & in another say something else, at least if you're gonna debate stick to one belief instead of quoting complete opposites across the threads

So is it fair to say you believe if you wanna play you gotta pay(but make sure you get as cheap as possible even with counterfeit goods) lol

As I said I could go on & on & explain the differences in how I perceive things which would put you to sleep & maybe this will to, but to ease your mind, VIM I dont use, SDS I dont use but I bought repair wiring from audi themselves to do the job & did purely to test what it does, I openly admit I've done this, I dont hide anything from anyone about this if they ask, my sig shows nothing about it, so nothing I do clearly advertises this, I have probably advised a few people of how to fix the fault on there SDS purely cause I'm a wiring person & given they might have it already in car with fault but if I'm honest I'd say they were most likely retroing, but they could lie so none the wiser I guess

I dont openly go around quoting SDS install it everywhere, you openly promote counterfeit leads

But I'll say this, for all I do to my car I use audi for 95% of my parts even wiring, down to the plug pins etc to new body parts, given I've spent close to 80k on cars & parts in the last 8 years I'd say & continuing they've got there money for the (one you consider counterfeit mod) SDS hack I did, dont you???

Where as you are promoting counterfeit leads in full view of everyone including RT which to me is very disrepectful of the work, so what does RT get from you or anyone buying counterfeit leads, sweet FA I'd say, where as at least I'm constantly giving back to audi almost daily, lol, there's a big difference I'd say IMHO, so effectively they profit from all the work I do anyway, can you say the same about RT & these leads you sell?

I'm no saint probably, but on this subject I have strong opinions.

Also to respond to your last message on the deleted thread I didnt get chance to reply, I cant believe you think its priced at a level you would never buy at, based on you have a 30k car(ok market maybe not now) but you get me, then you complain about paying £200 or so, lets look at it like this, you goto audi, please code this, ok that'll be £100 an hour(alot charge near this anyway) so say thats 2.5 hours worth of audi doing work for you just maybe on one job, for that same price you get the full lead, full access, support etc with updates aswell, plus any subsequent work you need to do on your car is basically free interms of coding/diag use etc, another way to look at it is the alternative is to buy the real thing VAS5052, which is 5k plus I'm sure they license updates aswell.

So do you still believe its over priced given the above?

As someone said to me earlier flogging a dead horse but its a forum for opinions, this is my opinion on this matter, I will openly listen to other comments & take onboard & debate where I see fit to, afterall its opinions/debates that drives the world forward tbh (sometimes backwards, lol)