Brakes... Opinions Needed

jonathanA4

Reaction score
So here's the story... I just purchased a 2000 A4 and have had it for about 2 weeks. I checked the car out beforehand and told the dealer as part of the price I wanted to get new front rotors and brakes which it needed. I've driven the car only about 400km so far and it's been fine until today when my brakes started squeaking when lightly stopping at really slow speeds (inching along in traffic). I have read that audi brakes are notorious for this, but didn't know this until now unfortunately /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I'm kind of worried that this will keep happening and will become annoying since I drive in heavy traffic to work everyday and I don't want my car to sound like a squealing bus when it stops every two seconds.

Will this problem work it's way out (do the brakes need to be broken in)? If it keeps happening, are there aftermarket pads or something that would take care of this so they won't squeak? I'm obviously going to wait a bit to see if it keeps doing this, but if it continues I think I may have to do something about it and it's unfortunate since I just got the new brake pads put on. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Any advice on what I should do? Any helpful suggestions are always appreciated as well.
Besides that though, I love my car!

Yes... it's all true. Sux but true!

The best alternative that I know of are Mintex Red box pads.

Good luck!

ImolaS4 - Awesome! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif I guess I'll just pray.

It actually didn't happen at all on the way home today, so I'll just hope it's infrequent. I can live with that.