mpg

Danielson

Reaction score
Website
audi-sport.net
can someone with a chipped a4 1.8t tell me what sort of mileage they get out of a tank of fuel, normal driving and the ocassinal blat.

i bet on average about 260mpg.

Light foot: 400+ per tank.
Heavy foot: <275 per tank

ImolaS4, then the next question should how big is your tank because 400+ is alot for a petrol tunned car light footed or not. I only get 470 for about £35 from my oil burner 160bhp. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif When you get 400per tank you must drive like my gran.No offence.

right so me gettin about 350 miles to a tank aint all that bad, for quite spirited driving at times

Hay snoop how much juice cab your tank hold? is it about £40 at the mo or less. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

[ QUOTE ]
FOLLOW ME said:
ImolaS4, then the next question should how big is your tank because 400+ is alot for a petrol tunned car light footed or not. I only get 470 for about £35 from my oil burner 160bhp. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif When you get 400per tank you must drive like my gran.No offence.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do a lot of long distance highway driving here in the Northeast U.S. When I'm not rushed, I cruise at 70mph, and (traffic permitting) I usually cover the 375 mile trip nonstop in 5.5 hours; I fill it up with about 14 gallons when I get to my destination. It comes to roughly 26.75 miles per gallon. BTW: My tank's capacity is 16 gallons; that would give me approximately 428 miles per tank - if I were to run it dry! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Nice ImolaS3 sh-it i wish our gas was as cheap as yours though. Never mind trotting around give it some stick man.

Though i suppose only being to the states the once, traffic compared to the UK is alot slower due to restrictions well at least thats how i interpretated it! Which more than likely answers the question for the good mpg!

[ QUOTE ]
FOLLOW ME said:
Nice ImolaS3 sh-it i wish our gas was as cheap as yours though. Never mind trotting around give it some stick man.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure yours is high, but ours is up to $2.25 USD per gallon (for 93 octane) in the East and I've heard of it breaking the $3.00 mark in Los Angeles. Sorry I don't know how to do all the math conversions for you guys except USD to pounds - I don't even know if you guys use the same system for gasoline grade. 93 octane is the highest grade of commercially available gasoline; there's one company that sells 94, but for the most part 93 is what we use in chipped cars.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

OK... gotta go guys. Off to do my ram-air mod with a buddy. I'll post results tomorrow.

If I remember right, Euro-spec A4s only have 13-gallon tanks, compared to ImolaS4's 16 gallons, but don't forget, a US gallon is less than a UK Imperial gallon. Can't remember the exact difference, but it'll be on a conversion chart somewhere. Anyone got a diary?

[ QUOTE ]
excursion said:
Jeff, I jsut tried to PM you, mate. It seems your not accepting PM's. Could you drop me a line? Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Will do, as soon as I can figure out how to do it :)

In my tank i have 15.6 gal (60 liters) and even if i drive conservatively i can only get around 300miles. I get an average of 24mpg

The best way of getting high MPG for me is to sit in the passenger seat and let the girlfried drive /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif but it dose work 31.9 Mpg a sensable car for her and me wow what fun /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif forget about mpg /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

My running average since new is 24mpg. My best weekly figure is 28mpg, which just happened to be during the first week of ownership. Its been all down-hill since then ...

My S4 has 16.4 gallons.

BTW: I just did another mpg check. 102 miles (avg speed = 68mph) and used 3.65 gallons.

27.9 mpg!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif

I chipped my 99 A4 Avant 1.8T 3 days after taking delivery (December 98) with a TAP Stage 1 kit. It now has almost 92000 miles. I have gotten anywhere from 21 to around 33 mpg depending on conditions. My wife drives like an old lady, so she gets around 30 most the time. I drive about 50 miles round trip to work and get about 25 mpg on average (if I keep my speed to around 70 mph. Much better than the Grand Cherokee I traded in on the A4. It only got about 14 mpg. Glad not to pay for that anymore.

PS My A4 has a 15.8 US Gallon capacity

my 1.8 non-turbo on a motorway run around the speed cameras when driven sensibly will just hit 40mpg but normally around 31-35. Thats will 125,000 miles but F(A)SH

My un-modified S3 will get 31-32 mpg easily on motorway driving, I got 34mpg!! (according to the trip computer, which is normally optimistic by about 1 mpg) and that was just cruising between 90 and 100, occassionally dropping a gear to overtake etc. So well happy with that! Normal everyday driving I get about 26.5mpg, which leaves me with about a 370 mile range, but with over 400 easily achievable.

[ QUOTE ]
jdp1962 said:
... but don't forget, a US gallon is less than a UK Imperial gallon. Can't remember the exact difference ...

[/ QUOTE ]An Imperial gallon is very close to 1.20 US gallons. Since it's 160 fluid ounces compared with 128, you would think it would be exactly 1.25 US gallons, but there's about a 4% difference between a US and a UK fluid ounce.

In case you wondered: no, I don't spend my time measuring fuel consumption. I found this out while learning to make beer.