More S3 probs....

dhyndi

S3 D HY
Reaction score
Another problem with my S3, the back washer has stopped working! When i push the wiper stalk forward you can hear the pump going....but nothing comes out the back....maybe just a slight dribble. I have checked under the car and nothing is coming out there, when i lift the boot, water comes dripping down...im ressuming from behind the black plastic cover on the boot......is there a clip or joint in there that has come undone....or does anyone else have any thots??

Many thanks

Dave

I had a similar prob with my A4. The washer runs up through the wiper shaft and the plastic tube broke. I ended up replacing the whole motor in the end. I would suspect the S3 is the same but without removing the panel to look I couldn't confirm.

The boot panel comes off easily enough, just don't force it too much.

The first sign something was wrong was that the water jet followed the sweep of the wiper, the jet is supposed to be static and squirt up the centre of the rear screen.

<tuffty/>

By motor I mean the wiper motor. And yes, if its broken there then the whole thing will need replacing.

As you have water dripping from the boot I would almost say for definite that its the same prob I had with the A4. I would suggest you remove the panel and try the washer again. You will see if its the tube or not. If it comes pouring out the back of the wiper motor then you will have to replace the whole lot.

My A4 one cost about £60 from a stealer, I tried one from a breakers but it had the same problem so I just bought a new one.

The other place it could have gone is where the rubber grommets are at the top of the boot lid by the hinges. This will be a bit trickier to fix

<tuffty/>

Had this issue, you have to undo the screws in the inner boot handle and then prise off the plastic cover to gain access, once off you undo a number of torx screws to remove the wiper motor and the replace, I folled this excellent guide by HTC which should help: http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=10646

For the part you can get it from vagparts.com

got this sorted thank god!!! Luckily it was just the pipe had become loose...apparantly not uncommon in these!!

Yeah it's quite common, usually happens because the pipe dries out and splits at the end. I ended up surrounding the pipe with silicone sealant to prevent any further leaks on mine.

Andy