Scotland Meet

aragorn

"Stick a V8 in it!"
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
So, i notice there are quite a few users on here from scotland...

Seen as the southern chappies seem to be organising a meet, and its a bit much for us to travel 300+miles to that, i thaught i'd see if there was any interest in a meet up round this way.

Not sure what format/layout people fancy, either a barbecue/chat/beer type affair during the day, or a late afternoon/evening meet somewhere?

As an example when i used to frequent the Migweb boards we had managed to organise a monthly meeting at kincardine bridge, where we'd meet up in the early evening, look at/chat cars then grab a bite to eat in the pub.

Be nice to put some names to faces and the like, so lets have some discussion and get something arranged!

Kevin

i was up in Edinburgh last weekend on a road trip with the wife. (brum to edinburgh)

would have been nice to catch some of you guys. however i did see someone from the forum driving through edinburgh central. 1.8T silver D17... plate?

this was a saloon. 1.8TQ

Caught my eye and then when i saw the plate i thought i know this car from somewhere and realised i've seen a pic of in on the forum.

main thing i was looking at was the tail pipes. i want to know what they are. looked nice and tidy.

nope. not me, mine is V reg.
wouldn't see the plate for the crap that is on it at the moment!

would be interested

shall we make a list of those interested?

1. Aragorn
2. CraigG
3. jcb

I'm sure there are more members around this way!

We might be interested, date dependent.

Hopefully it'll be late enough in the year - April> for most of us to have gotten our cars built ready for the summer show season.

We're getting married next year too, so timing is pretty important!

So provisionally, put us down as attending.

Yup, I'm interested...was just up at Linlithgow Aragorn, was thinking I might see a familiar B5 up there, don' tthink I was close enought bo'ness.

Kincardine's good, or anywhere on the M8 corridor, (I'd be commin from Dumfries usually, unless I'm working weegie way)...

linlithgow is just down the road from us, 5 minute drive, but you'd be unlikely just to stumble over us as we;re not there THAT often!

We could always have something more informal in the next few weeks/months, then try to arrange something a little bigger for april> time, if that would entice some of the members from down south to head up this way.

I'm sure theres other folk on the forum from scotland that havent dropped in here yet? Soupie69 is from round this way i'm sure?

1. Aragorn
2. CraigG
3. jcb
4. dieselfitter
5. Siena (provisional, april '09 on)

Yeh man, it'd be cool just to swing by some time... I'll be in touch the next time I'm heading up the M9.

I could be up for this dependant when/where (and if i still have my licence :( )

1. Aragorn
2. CraigG
3. jcb
4. dieselfitter
5. Siena (provisional, april '09 on)
6. Z82

i might take a nip over from Ireland. Been due a visit to my mate in Falkirk for well over a year now

Ah ha... sign me up for a 19oz steak! Dodgey weather aside, we going to do this before chrimbo or will it be an '09 event?

Definitely an '09 event, at least for me it is...

yer 09 does sound like a more sensible proposition. Xmas will be upon us before we know it, and theres always tonnes of crap the needs sorted!

I've been wanting to paint my other two alloys for a few weeks now, but its just far too cold in the porch to do it too :(

Hi all...

I was just reading this and thought I'd bring it back onto page 1 - I'm in Fife so I'd be up for a meet at some point soon...

Cheers,
A.

Siena:- What happenned to the Woodbridge meet sticky? Is that still happenning?

Scotlands a long drive for those of us with only 150bhp.....

p.s. I'm still up for a Scottish meet. I thought you had 180bhp audinary.... 98 B5 1.8T sport?

Gotcha, I'll hide behind my paltry, (and probably not even close anymore) 110bhp....:unsure: