Restoring alcantara seats

TeemuM

Reaction score
I don´t know how common problem this is but my cars seats were in horrible condition.
First I used this kind of lint remover and then washed those. Now they look almost like new.

Before

ennen-1.jpg

After

jlkeen-1.jpg

Hi ,

so you just used a fuzz away and then just wash and then it was fine ?

I don´t know how common problem this is but my cars seats were in horrible condition.
First I used this kind of lint remover and then washed those. Now they look almost like new.

Before

ennen-1.jpg

After

jlkeen-1.jpg

so you just used a fuzz away and then just wash and then it was fine ?

It doesnt even need to be washed, but mine were so dirty that needed to be washed.

unfortunatly my seats arn't as good as yours!!:ermm:,but those results look excellent,like new,good little trick that

Alcantara themselves recommend warm water only to clean.

what fuzz device did u use ?

Before

ennen-1.jpg

After

jlkeen-1.jpg

Saw an ad on tv recently, apparently JML do a product like that called bobble away or something like that for £4.99, only available at Wilkos....

oh how camp this forum is getting..... bobbling machines...whats next...bonnet bras????

BOOBS!!!! LOL :bye: to go along with the Bra theme....hehe, how mature of me i know!!

try Bic razors or a cut throat with a bit of lather on the seat and apply some hai-karate aftershave to seal it

I'll get my coat

How about Waxing, would that work????

how about upgrading to full leather:thumbsup:

failing that you could hire a monkey and retrain it to pick bobbles instead of fleas? think bubbles may be for sale soon...

Full leather no thanks slide about to much had that in all my cars i think its a nicer touch .

I do believe Alcantara is lighter than leather & Keeps you in the middle of the seat.......:p.....every ounce helps!!

I have the same(cream/grey) recaro seats in my S3. Mine where in the same condition, if not worse, when i bought them/the car. I had an S2 with RS2 front half leather seat, in blue which were considerable older and did not do this. To make mine look 100% better i bought a very expensive razor and shaved them carefully. Only removed the bubbles. Worked for me...
Thanks

S£;641564 said:
I do believe Alcantara is lighter than leather & Keeps you in the middle of the seat.......:p.....every ounce helps!!

S3's with full leather have more power to compensate for the extra weight/style.... :lmfao:

I got a bobble off this weekend, I will try it one of the days and let you know how it goes....

Got mine from ebay the other day... has done a brilliant job on mine.... just gotta give them a clean and alls good.

Bobble Off/Lint blah/Fuzz Away for teh win :D

<tuffty/>

Which one did you buy Tuffty? Do you have a link or the Ebay item number of the one you bought?

Cheers.

Looks just like my seats, so I'm gonna have a go too! Looks the dogs ******** considering the mess they were in to start with!!
Good topic (even with the silly comments in between!! LOL):thumbsup: