New rims, 99% of folk here wont like!!!

Mikey

Reaction score
I think everyones gonna hate these, BUT, I love um! Collected them at the weekend. 8x18, 5x112, ET44, Merc Segins. They are OEM polished and laquered, but they need a little TLC. So they are being stripped and mirror polished. They will be my show rims for next years show season, along with a set of coilovers, or maybe air-ride.

For the cost I got them for (with laarrrrrge tyres with loats of tread left) I couldnt refuse. Ive even got someone who wants to buy them off me allready for more than what I paid, and ive only had them since saturday!!!

segins.jpg

segin1.jpg

Awesome.. These wheels are used a fair bit in the VW tuning scene..

The car needs to be super low to pull them off tho, and your going to have to space them out, ET44 with an 8inch rim will give you a load of tuck if you lower the car a fair bit..

Go with a 15mm spacer and 215/40/18's :):)

They look like S600 rims. I remember we had them on our one back in in 2004. If i remember correctly, the rears are wider than the fronts.

Nice on the 600 but don't think they'd suit an Audi.

I cant see the pics in work but don't lose the merc badges - thats the whole point of Euro styling and putting different mark rims on

Would you replace BBS centre caps for Audi ones?

very cool wheels, as jonnyc says, big on the dub scene

agree re the badge as well

well im actually quite shocked at the response so far!!! I thought everyone would flame this choice of rim. They are a very euro styled thing, and like has been said its been done before on the euro scene, but not to a new A3 yet. They look awesome on MK4 and MK5 Golfs. These are hard to get hold of in 18" and usually are 8x18 fronts and 9x18 rears. All 4 of my rims are 8x18. They came with 245/45/18 Ditchfinder specials. Think they are Nexens?! Anyway, had the tyres taken off this morning and had the tread depth measured and theres 5mm left on all 4. They will be getting thrown on ebay soon. As for the center caps, im gonna keep um as merc ones, afterall they are merc rims, and when someone asks why, I will simply say "because I can"!!!

Awesome.. These wheels are used a fair bit in the VW tuning scene..

The car needs to be super low to pull them off tho, and your going to have to space them out, ET44 with an 8inch rim will give you a load of tuck if you lower the car a fair bit..

Go with a 15mm spacer and 215/40/18's :):)

215-40-18 is my weapon of choice, as for spacers, im going to have a play around and see what suits once the tyres are on. Ive got a good 6 months to get these fully sorted in time for next years show season so thats a nice bonus!

I cant picture them from that photo..........anyone got any pics of them on any car as ive not seen them before i dont think.........???

I like them, as said already they are big on the Dub scene, a good drop and them on the car will set it off.....

Get a set of 3 spokes on here if you want flaming...lol ;)

Good improvisation there Mikey haha!! To be honest mate i think they look great!! Good choice!! Looking forward to seeing them on the car!!

well im actually quite shocked at the response so far!!! I thought everyone would flame this choice of rim.

I won't let you down Mikey - I don't like them at all. Too much flat plain shiny metal to look at for my taste. My mum has a mirror in her hall a bit like these.

Looks like my taste is not the norm though so good on you - enjoy 'em !

I won't let you down Mikey - I don't like them at all. Too much flat plain shiny metal to look at for my taste. My mum has a mirror in her hall a bit like these.

Looks like my taste is not the norm though so good on you - enjoy 'em !

lol, its cool mate dont worry. any chance your mum is selling the mirror, could do with a spare wheel LOL

Going to look stunning!!

There is a set of Merc wheels that im after, very rare but look amazing!! Looking at that makes me want them even more!!!

Going to look stunning!!

There is a set of Merc wheels that im after, very rare but look amazing!! Looking at that makes me want them even more!!!

you know you want to come to the Merc side.......

darkside.jpg

Anyways heres some pics of what im after.. Dont think anyone else on here would go for them so not too worried about copy cats!! haha..

Heres some pics on a White Mk5 GTI..

post-5070-1202833406.jpg

post-5070-1202833414.jpg

2319127063_a6c9fd2f2f_o.jpg

2319126883_52fb72c9b6_o.jpg

My Photoshop isn't working (still :mad:) so if anyone could chop them onto either of these two pics of the S3 then I would appreciate it!!

IMG_5432.jpg

IMG_5420.jpg

They are a mad rim on the mk5 golf!

Bad photo there of your S3 to take a photoshop because of the grass!!

Good point lol..

IMG_5474.jpg

Thats probably a better one to use!

I don't like chrome wheels, but do like those rims...

IMO they would look better in silver like normal alloys.

jonnyc, ive seen a set of those rims on a black A3 over on VWVortex!!!

i think they will look good, i do love the euro look. i am sure they will look spot on, if your mk4 is anything to go by i am sure your audi will look sweet to!

oh and if your'e getting rid of the hr springs i will by them off you!

lol, look at the parts vultures circling above me, love it!!

the standard BBS rims are staying put, sorry. The segins are purely show wheels, and with them going to be mirror polished with no laquer they wouldnt make good daily runners on our roads. However the H+R springs will probably be for sale, but its going to be a good few months yet. Will keep you updated.

Oooh, can you find me a pic?? I have searched around but cant find anything..

sure leave it with me. If I cant find the pic I will post up a thread over there and ask. I seem to remember the guy who had them changes his wheels as often as his underwear. But one things for sure, they looked the mutts.

lol, look at the parts vultures circling above me, love it!!

the standard BBS rims are staying put, sorry. The segins are purely show wheels, and with them going to be mirror polished with no laquer they wouldnt make good daily runners on our roads. However the H+R springs will probably be for sale, but its going to be a good few months yet. Will keep you updated.

lol, to be honest, a3 parts tend to be quite rare, the early bird catches the worm as they say ;)

I cant see the pics in work but don't lose the merc badges - thats the whole point of Euro styling and putting different mark rims on

Would you replace BBS centre caps for Audi ones?

What if you like the rims (which I do) and dont want the `Euro styling` cue? (which I dont).

Cant see why you feel the need to `put me right` on this.:think:

I am warming to the Euro styling thing. I didn't get it at all to begin with, i doubt i'd ever do it to my own car but i would be tempted by some Lambo Callisto's on the right Audi.....

md_lamborghini-gallardo-callisto-wheels.jpg

I think they'd look awesome on any S and RS model....Others may disagree!!

Yeah those lambo wheels are nice!

The fronts will fit without a problem too, perfect widths and offsets for the A3!! Just buy 4 fronts! :)

What if you like the rims (which I do) and dont want the `Euro styling` cue? (which I dont).

Cant see why you feel the need to `put me right` on this.:think:

I am not correcting you, I am just telling you about the Euro style as a whole.

Fair enough, if you like the look of the rims and put them on the car without the original badge thats fair enough but if you want to break into the euro scene, the car looks better with the original badge

My opinion of courseand you are perfectly entitled to you own