shark ariel, anyone done it?

xdam

Reaction score
R_B7000.8.jpg

i saw one of these shark ariels on an a4 and it looked pretty cool, just wondering if anyone has put one on the a3, i hate the long aerial i have at the momment.

[ QUOTE ]
xdam said:
R_B7000.8.jpg

i saw one of these shark ariels on an a4 and it looked pretty cool, just wondering if anyone has put one on the a3, i hate the long aerial i have at the momment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Get a bee-sting or similar. Got one on mine and look MUCH better than the standard thing.

Rich

does the shark aerial do the radio? i thought it was gps and telephone - it certainly is on the latest s4.

i changed my radio whip on the roof to the audi triplex (gps/radio/phone) - you have to remove the boot side trim on the left, the pillar trim then the central rear roof trim behind the rear roof lights - the aerial has a toothed nut that simply unscrews - remove the old aerial, pass the new leads through the roof hole and put back the bolt.

you may find that the leads/connections are very different - the audi triplex aerial uses the radio lead connector for the gps signal and different connectors for the radio and phone - i cut the new aerial connectors off and soldered the leads but had to dismantle the triplex aerial to start with to work out which of the 3 leads was which function - they areent labelled at all.

RICHBROOK
Shark Fin Replica Antenna

... I'm guessing by the word replica that it is merely a stick on piece of plastic?

[ QUOTE ]
dunk said:
does the shark aerial do the radio? i thought it was gps and telephone - it certainly is on the latest s4.

i changed my radio whip on the roof to the audi triplex (gps/radio/phone) - you have to remove the boot side trim on the left, the pillar trim then the central rear roof trim behind the rear roof lights - the aerial has a toothed nut that simply unscrews - remove the old aerial, pass the new leads through the roof hole and put back the bolt.

you may find that the leads/connections are very different - the audi triplex aerial uses the radio lead connector for the gps signal and different connectors for the radio and phone - i cut the new aerial connectors off and soldered the leads but had to dismantle the triplex aerial to start with to work out which of the 3 leads was which function - they areent labelled at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dunk, have you got pics to show the fellas what you are talking about? In terms of it's looks that is.

the only point of fitting the triplex aerial is for the gps or phone bit - lookwise it looks like the standard whip, but the base is bigger with a second round bulge in front of the normal base of the aerial.

overall no change in looks - but sorry i dont have any pictures.