S3 bumpers on A3

simondavidr

Reaction score
Will 2001 S3 bumpers fit on my 1998 A3 T Sport?? I know this has probably been asked before but need to make certain. Is there much modification/hacking about needed??

[ QUOTE ]
BIGT said:
Will 2001 S3 bumpers fit on my 1998 A3 T Sport?? I know this has probably been asked before but need to make certain. Is there much modification/hacking about needed??

[/ QUOTE ]

It will fit with the S3 guides, BUT the exhaust will be in the wrong place.

Rich

yep its been discussed a bit before, do a search to find details but basically to replace the front bumper you will also need wings and liners as the S3's have flared arches, but they all mount up on the old A3 brackets. The Rear bumper will fit on but again as the rear arches are flared doesn't fit that well where it meets the rear quarters, although i beleive some people heat up the bumper and flex it to fit. Also the exhuast on the S3 exits differently to the A3 so would need new rear box, i think people have had custom rearboxes made by powerflow and similar companies rather then fit the S3 one because it isn't a direct fit.

Ok, the front , yes you need new wings , and for the cost there are a lot of aftermarket bumpers out there that look tons better and arae cheaper.

The rear i have done myself, no brackets required atall rich, if you use the s3 ones the bumper then follows up to an imaginary flared arch that isnt there ! lol! I know cos i wasted £20 buying them. No flexing required either, my bumper fits like it came out of the factory , see for yourself.
DSCF0005.jpg

DSCF0007.jpg

hi jimbo
you have got a good fit with the S3 rear bumper, just found the pic which made me think it needed flexing. Bit of contrast between how it can fit and this one!!!!!!!!!!

also jimbo just thought what did you do with your exhaust? aftermarket i see, custom made or replacement A3 or S3 one?
Although you've got a quattro haven't you? so guess its the same set up as S3

the exhasut on mine routes exactly the same way as the s3 as it is the quattro. Could have got away with just a backbox , but went 4 the full system instead , custom made.

Cheers for the help guys - thanks for the handy tips Jimbo - are you using standard front bumper??

Also on your mini picture (whatever its called!!) what are those rims and do you have a side view of your motor with them on??

Think i will just buy rear bumper then!!

BigT

Ignore my last dosy comment about your front bumper i have just spotted your HUGE sig pic which shows non standard bumper - DOOOOOHHHHH!!!!!!!

thise rims are long gone now mate , havent got any more pics im afraid but they were zennetti chrome wheels that i imported from the states.