FactionOne

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Right folks...

I've organised one meet-up in my history on ASN, it was for the North-West English boys a good while ago now, we had a reasonable turn-out, spent a good few hours eyeballing each-others motors, generally chatted geekily about Audis, got some VAG-COM scanning done and things like this; and I think it'd be fair to say it was a reasonable success...

Now I'm down here in welsh Wales I'm thinking it's about time we got some VAG metal together for more of the same...

So, lets discuss times and places...

Personally I'm thinking an afternoon somewhere more than half way up a damn big hill in (hopefully) good weather might be nice for some choice photos...

Thoughts?...

Regards,

Rob.

Good to see some early interest :)

I guess it sorta depends whereabouts folks are...

Myself and Ming Blue are down the Swansea side (and I know there are a couple of other members who haven't jumped-on this thread (yet?) not too far away), ANDYTQ is obviously Cardiff way, and jeffers (if he appears on here) isn't far from the same neck of the woods; what about the rest?

I'm trying to think of good spots that aren't too far from civilisation, are easy to get to, and possibly offer the opportunity for good photos?... Caerphilly Mountain springs to mind as one possible option... There are burgers and things there too :) I guess if we're placing more consideration on photo opportunities somewhere industrial might be quite cool too... I think the access to any decent backdrops is poor at Port Talbot, but maybe some other industrial/docklands?

Any other thoughts? I know there are a couple of good spots on the road from Port Talbot through Cymer to Treorchy too.

Regards,

Rob.

im just around the corner from jeffers,im pretty sure jeffers would come to any excuse to get his s3 out

Right then folks... As there's a bit of tumbleweed blowing about in this section of the forum I think we should be thinking about PM'ing those Welsh folks who haven't seen this yet...

Anyway, locations, dates, times...

I'm thinking a Sunday afternoon because most people can usually make that... Perhaps towards the end of this month? Either that or sometime next... What are folks commitments?

As for location I'm thinking Caerphilly Mountain unless there are better suggestions?

Regards,

Rob.

Hey im interested in this aswell!

I live about 5 mins away from jeffers so Caerphilly Mountain is good for me awell!

I work and live in portsmouth at the moment but travel back to wales when i can!

Hope this happens

Will have to confirm closer to the date, as not sure what the wife is working over that weekend..btw is this just a guys day or familys or what ?

The BMW meets I used to attend were a full family day out type of thing..pub lunch etc, what have we got in mind ?

Well it looks like 10th August is looking like a good date then.

I was thinking that we could meet up by the snack bar on the mountain road - now obviously there's food available there but perhaps it's not the best location for family-dining due to the fact you'd be getting burger-grease all over your cars and there's not exactly a lot to do for little ones.

Google Map

I was thinking we could perhaps rendez-vous there and then go for a quick drive down to a Brewer's Fayre where those who would prefer proper sit-down food with more space for nippers would be able to do that...

There's one in Caerphilly only a couple of miles away from the snack bar on the mountain, but we can take a scenic route if people fancied having a quick blast in convoy?

Route

Opinions/better-suggestions welcome...

Regards,

Rob.

Well, Im knackered on this one, as I returned home
from hospital yesterday after having emergency abdominal
surgery on Friday, so cant even get behind the wheel for 6 weeks. :(

Hope you guys a nice time, and maybe I can
catch you on the next one...

Sorry to hear that Mr-Wales, hope you're on the mend soon. For the rest of you, excellent :)

Shall we say 14:00 at the snack bar on the mountain then? Earlier/Later?

Also, just a note to say I'll be happy to do free VAG-COM (or rahter, VCDS) scans for anyone who's present. I've got the whole kit and caboodle from 2x2 connectors through dual-K OBD to CAN-BUS. I'm happy to scan any vehicle (of course this is at the owner's risk (although it is perfectly safe - I'll demonstrate on my car first for those with doubts)); and if people have particular adjustments they wish to make my kit may be used...

Anyway... How about a roll-call of those who'll definitely be in attendance?... (Copy, paste and edit)...

FactionOne
Ming Blue
Jeffers (so long as I phone him to remind him)

Not sure if jeffers will turn up,he has sold the s3 for a scooby ,gone over to the dark side.Iwill come along it only 2 mins from my place,if its wet the ffynon wen pub,thornhill is good,plenty of parking and we have vag meets there every month.Cheers Andy

Jeffers phoned me earlier this week to say he'll come along with the Scooby (hell, I might be rolling up in a Mk5 Rolf) so long as I phone him on Saturday to remind him...

So at the moment I'd say...

FactionOne
Ming Blue
Jeffers
Andytq
Benskin07

+chris's audi
+Byzan_A4
+WHITEY_1
+nicklght
(if they all confirm?)

Hope you guys get some nice weather & enjoy tomorrow, gutted I cant make it this time. Make sure there's some good pics posted ASAP.

:redrs4:

I'll be there,but parking is limited,as its gets very busy,if its too bad we shall have to shift to a pub,i did suggest the ffynon wen in thornhill,its ony 2 mins away and as long as peps dont **** about in the car park and actually buy something,the manager is ok.We have vag meets each month there,lots of parking and the manager has offered to set up a barbie when we get some decent weather,as said before see SO WAL site for meet details and updates.Its also welsh volksfest next weekend anyone going?(which may affect so wal next meet)Cheers Andy

Hi folks,

Looking forward to the meet this afternoon...

First of all... Byzan A4 - If you're running a bit late I'm sure we'll still be around somewhere - if not at the Snack Lodge we'll perhaps be at the Brewer's Fayre (or elsewhere depending on what those who turn-out think at the time)... I'll PM you with my mobile number in case you need to track us down.

I don't have a post code for the Snack Lodge, but if you navigate to an address on your Sat Nav, tell it City: Caerphilly, Road: Mountain Road, Crossing: Watford Road it should get you just about there. Any problems you'll have my mobile number (assuming you have a peep here in the morning before you go!)...

benskin07: Myself and Ming Blue at the very least will be there, Jeffers confirmed today too. It looks like we'll have Byzan A4 and ANDYTQ along with yourself too... As for others, who knows...

ANDYTQ: Yeah I was concerned about parking but I figured there's not likely to be thousands of us this time, if parking is an absolute nightmare I guess we can move on, we'll see what happens... BTW - is the Cardiff meet you publicise on tomorrow as well or is that just at the end of the month?

Right folks, see you later...

Regards,

Rob.

PS> For identification purposes, myself and Ming Blue will be arriving in either my ( / Ming Blue's) Blue B5 A4 TDI or my current work's-bus - a Grey 2.0 TDI Mk5 Golf Estate...

Regards,

Rob.

Will see you all shortly, its too crappy weather to wash the car, so i will have the grubby purple Audi A4,
PS Thanks for the no Rob

Right we're now sat in a pub by the Mountain...

We have...

ANDYTQ
Byzan A4
Byzan A4's nephew
Jeffers
Jeffers' mate
Ming Blue
FactionOne

...TWO Audis
...TWO Scoobies
...ONE VW

While only a small group we're having a laugh. The rest of you who no-showed should be suitably subdued! :p

Regards,

Rob.

Sorry, we've already got em...

asnmeet1.jpg

...Maybe next round ;)

Regards,

Rob.

Right folks...

Just a few quick snaps that were fired off today...

Was good to meet a few of you, hopefully we'll meet some more again, perhaps down in Cardiff, perhaps elsewhere...

Regards,

Rob.

Folks arriving
asnmeet2.jpg

One of the Audis, both Scoobies and someone's Rolf estate? ;)
asnmeet3.jpg

Byzan A4's A4, My works'-bus, ANDYTQ's A3
asnmeet4.jpg

asnmeet5.jpg

asnmeet6.jpg

asnmeet7.jpg

asnmeet8.jpg

The rest, who didn't make it
asnmeet9.jpg

Shame there was such a poor turn out, dont let if put you off organising another, I'd deffo have been there if I could drive..its driving me insane not being able to at the moment. Maybe somewhere more central like Bridgend or Miskin would be a better idea..just a thought..