Grinding Brakes

Twin Dragons

Reaction score
Hi guys, i hope somebody can help me

I seem to have some sort of Grinding noise coming from the brakes when i do heavy/harsh breaking. If i break normally everything is fine, no noise smooth braking. Yet as soon as i put my foot down at a fast speed it starts to grind badly like metal touching metel, even though break pads almost new. I dont know what the problem could be, will using Vag Com help me find out the problem, or is it straight to the dealership?

Any help appreciated
Thanks

Sounds like the calipers are not releasing.....

edge of the discs, i.e a rust lip ???

when you fitted the new pads did they stick to the caliper pison. Mine did but ive never see this before in any other cars.

There's not much of a rust lip, initially i thought that it could be that too, but when i looked at it there's not much of a lip.
I dont think the calipers had any problems sticking when they were put on.

sorry i ment the back of the pad had a sticky pad on it, so the pad actually stook to the brake cylinder so when pressure is release I assume the pad is drawn away from the disc.

you can take them off...but, erm...when was the last time you had a fluid change...

you can take them off...but, erm...when was the last time you had a fluid change...

I changed my fluid about a month ago been running about 500 miles since change. I've only just realised the grind when i had to brake sharply. So i dont know if this was happening before for after fluid/pad change. The major thing i notice when it starts to grind is that the car feels like its skidding and the control seems to go untill it stops grinding, also the brakes feel extremly spongy, i mean not normal. I can almost put half the brake pedel down with a bit of force at standstill.

Maybe a airleak in the brake line...? Not sure, sorry mate, looks like a trip to a mechanics. Avoid Audi stealers if you can, a good independent should be able to sort you out...Not to serious I am sure.

Cheers Clach and all that tried, i thought i'd try here first, but a trip the mechanics it is, ill repost once the problem is resolved
Thanks again