Any body got a usb vagcom lead for sale???

scott_johnson

Reaction score
As above, diagnostic lights on and need to vag it!!!

ive got 1 of those and they dont work as you need a rosstech licence!!!

What do you need the license for? All you need to do is manually scan each control module rather than do an Auto Scan. Or why not pay the £99 for the license as it's money well spent.

exactly. the cable comes on its own but for the cheap cable to work you need to by a licence (£99) tried everything so i didnt have to buy a licience but no luck!!! Ill sell mine if any ones interested icase you already have a licence!!!

So having read the TT forum thread am I right in saying you could get the lead from Alpha for a few pennies and then download the latest version of VAG COM for $99 = £50?
Or will the non Ross Tech leads not work with the latest VAG COM, only an earlier release ?

And has anyone experienced any problems with the USB lead ?

You can download the latest version of vagcom off rosstech for free as ive got it on my laptop, then bought a lead which was fairly cheap just to try it out but with no luck.... I believe you need a licence for the lead or its not goin to work. Or mine didnt any way!!! lol.

You can download the latest version of vagcom off rosstech for free as ive got it on my laptop, then bought a lead which was fairly cheap just to try it out but with no luck.... I believe you need a licence for the lead or its not goin to work. Or mine didnt any way!!! lol.

There's your problem then. The leads off eBay will not work with the latest versions of Vag-Com, and they do make this pretty clear both when ordering and when the cable arrives. Version 409.1 is what you require.

Have a read of the alpha-bid instructions here and you should have yourself up and running in no time :thumbsup:

http://www.alpha-bid.com/media/Product-Pics/VAG-USB/VagComUSBCableInstructions.pdf

Got a Gendan USB Dongle using the 409.1 on Windows XP with no probs. Dongle cost £40.00 inc delivery and the Ross Tech License was only £49.00 thanks to the week dollar.

Jester are you saying you are using the 409 version or the latest version. I didn't think you needed a license to run the earlier versions like 409 anyway?

Does anyone know how much difference there is between 409 and the latest version ?

I bought a sealey Vag code reader which is excellent, no need for a lap top as its already set up and you don't need a licence...
just plug it in... enter system,read any codes that may appear and check them out on the ross tech site... it wasn't cheap tho...
About £150 ish, but piece of mind is what i wanted, so i tend to check my car now once a week !!

i have the ross tech, works perfectly, £10 delivered from america i think i paid. no problems at all, was a bargain seems its £25 minimum to have the codes read at a garage, £10 plus 1min of download time and u have it for life!
You are welcom to use mine if you are in cornwall!???

Thanx for the offer james333. Nice to see generous people. But i live probably 9 or so hours away. lol. Any way i had it on my mates vagcom and the same fault codes appeared!!!

Address 01: Engine Labels: 8N0-906-018.LBL
Part No: 8N0 906 018 J
Component: 1.8L R4/5VT G 0004
Coding: 10710
Shop #: WSC 80179
WAUZZZ8LX21002834 AUZ7Z0A1887012
2 Faults Found:
17705 - Pressure Drop between Turbo and Throttle Valve (check D.V.!)
P1297 - 35-00 - -
17545 - Fuel Trim: Bank 1 (Add): System too Rich
P1137 - 35-00 - -
Readiness: 0000 0000

Address 22: AWD Labels: 02D-900-554.LBL
Part No: 02D 900 554 B
Component: HALDEX LSC ECC 0006
2 Faults Found:
65535 - Internal Control Module Memory Error

Im pretty worried about the haldex.... any sugestions????

As for the pressure drop, i had it pressure tested and no leaks. Me and my mate researched about the pressure drop and it came back to the n249 valve opening the dv... you can actually bypass the n249 from the fuel pressure regulator with a t-piece back to the vacume hose on the dv??? i think thats what he said. lol. any body done this????