Porsche Brakes

J7USS

Shuddup Foooool!!
Reaction score
Ive now been offered Full brakes off a 996, Im going for the a8 discs but will need mounting brackets, where do I get these??

I was also looking into this but i could not find anyone that supplied the bracket. Bira.org said they could manufacture them but will cost $900 which is way too expensive.

I would also like to know if you get hold of some.

$900!!!! Forget that, thats why Im looking into the brackets before I buy.

well I should be picking these up today, Im getting the Whole lot which is a bonus, I thought it was only the Fronts but now included the rear set up to.

Been looking over on Audizine, the Yanks take their modding to another level eh!

I still need to source some brackets, Wouldnt mind doing the rear but this can prove to be very expensive.

I just want to get my brakes sorted before I start playing with the Turbo!

good lad, get them brackets sorted and get em on asap!!! looking forward to seeing this

I am aswell Chris, Ive been looking on a site in USA and it looks like the Brackets are going to be $90 a peice, not bad really! but I bet the shipping will be double that!:laugh: Just waiting for an Email from them to confirm...

There is a german company that sells them, will send you the link over the weekend

Andy

$90 is very good, looking forward to the results.

I have been told that the rear you can not do as the handbrake mechanism is totally different.

Im a little confused now because over on Audizine they are posting links to a company that say Motorcycle Carriers are the ones I need!!:wtf::blink:....Just waiting for a response!

The rears can be done but very Expensive apparently, Its the Cayenne Rear caliper conversion that add's to it, Alot of machining to make calipers clear too which is a Bumber.
So its looking like Fronts only for now unless I dig deeper.
Would be nice to have the Porsche all round though.

What calipers have you got? Are you going up in front disc size as well as the multi-pot calipers? My recommendation to you on pads would be the peerless Ferodo DS2500, best pad I've ever used. Also get a decent fluid in there, I always swore by ATE Super Blue, superb stuff - high boiling points, but also not particularly hygroscopic.

I'd say that upgrading the back brakes gives you far less significant brake performance gain - you get something over 70% of your braking force from the front wheels, so that's where you'll see the best improvement.

there must be some other option out there for rear discs if u really wanted to upgrade them. as dan said the fronts do most of the braking so thats the most important thing

What calipers have you got? Are you going up in front disc size as well as the multi-pot calipers? My recommendation to you on pads would be the peerless Ferodo DS2500, best pad I've ever used. Also get a decent fluid in there, I always swore by ATE Super Blue, superb stuff - high boiling points, but also not particularly hygroscopic.

I'd say that upgrading the back brakes gives you far less significant brake performance gain - you get something over 70% of your braking force from the front wheels, so that's where you'll see the best improvement.

The Calipers are off the 996, Red set with the white porche logo. Still need to pick these up then Ill post a few pics. I defo want Bigger discs to complement the caliper.
Im getting mixed reactions over on Audizine though, they quote that the 996 on the B6 is a Mo-fo because of the brackets etc and difficulty in fitting. Surely it cant be that hard.

They all sway to the Brembo set up but thats £1100 worth!:ermm:..hell no

Im not really bothered about the rears but it would be nice to see the full porsche all round eh but yeah fronts only as I need to save the doe for the other Mods.

Soon as I get my hands on the Calipers, Ill post up some pics for you guys.

Any luck with the company that did the bracket for $90?

...still waiting for a reply mate, taking their time too!

Just been informed the adapters are not what I need, back to square one!!
...I aint giving up...:weight_lift2:

Are there no engineering firms in the UK who can make some up?

Juss, most people seem to run the 'TEXTAR' pads with the Porsche calipers. They are available from GSF.

Company that make the carriers :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/mbt-Universal...ryZ33563QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Very helpful guy and will ship to the UK with no problems.

Not sure what posts you are reading on Audizine, but its quite an easy conversion really. Just as long as you've got the A8 discs, pads, carriers and brake hoses.

Regards,

Andy

Textars, well yes they work, in the same way that the stock pads on an A4 also work, but why invest several £000s on new calipers/discs/brackets and then compromise on stock pads? Ferodo DS2500s all the way if you want my opinion.

Brembo make the Porsche 996 Calipers don't forget.

I think people are using the textar pads as they seem to be the easy option to get hold of. I would recommend DS2500 too !!! Thats what I'll be using on my conversion this summer.

Great stuff, thanks for that Andy, appreciate that!
Ive emailed him and just waiting for a Response now...
Good price aswell..:salute:

Juss, most people seem to run the 'TEXTAR' pads with the Porsche calipers. They are available from GSF.

Company that make the carriers :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/mbt-Universal...ryZ33563QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Very helpful guy and will ship to the UK with no problems.

Not sure what posts you are reading on Audizine, but its quite an easy conversion really. Just as long as you've got the A8 discs, pads, carriers and brake hoses.

Regards,

Andy