Good Sat navs

TrickyLad

is loving his new A3
Reaction score
I have seen the Pics of france trip thread and it has brought to mind a plan me and my mates had a while back about a driving trip round europe.

Sadly i wont be able to go on the one you guys are all planning, work are not helpful for holidays, so i am looking at going in september after the schools go back.

So i will need a good sat nav system, one that obviously covers europe.
Does anyone know what the best ones are. Obviously there will be big cost for the best ones so i am really looking for a sensible option that doesnt cost a fortune but one that will get us to where we want to go.

all sat navs i have ever used have had europe maps as standard and have been attached to my dads motors, i doubt he would be impressed if i ripped out his dashboard

TomTom One XL (Europe) is what I'm going for. They seem to get very good write-ups. Expect to pay around £150 which is good value (imo).

Cheers that looks a good one. Is it worth getting one with the traffic update on it.

£20 more than just maps. Does it work well, suppose when dashing to catch euro tunnel it might help to know where traffic is

Personally I wasn't going to go for the traffic update option but I guess for an extra £20 you might as well.

You can get the new Tomtom 720 for £169 now. Persaonlly I would go for that over the one Xl.

I also have the traffic RDS do day.

J.

you could go for a mobile phone option ... depending on what phone you have of course.

Got my tomtom on N95 and its great. (although I need a seperate GPS module) GarminXT and Route66, infact all the other sat navs will use the internal GPS set

I have a Tom Tom 910 and thats great as you can USB all your MP3's over to it from your PC and Play them through your cars system.Also comes with a great computer voice that reads out all road names your on-not sure if all Toms do this?Its built in Hardrive has loads of room for maps,photos and music.

dont think you can go wrong with any tomtom model to be honest,there easy to use

I've got the tomtom 910 and its never let me down. Full European and USA mapping. I find the speed camera warnings really helpful, saved me a couple of times in the past week when I was away.

Probably dont use half the stuff on it like storing pictures and MP3s etc. if I'm honest...