Audi Bluetooth

eddwood

Reaction score
Hi,
I will be taking delivery of my new A3, (3.2 S-line DSG Avus) soon (build week 16) and wondered if anyone could advise me as to which bluetooth system to go for.
I don't really fancy the idea of something sticking out the cig lighter and now wish I had the carkit installed as Audi may make a bluetooth kit which I can add on as BMW have done.

Also any thoughts as to which insurance company to go for. Just lost all no claims as last car 330ci conv stolen, 35 years old?

Thanks,

Edd

What are you exactly looking for from the Bluetooth? Complete handsfree? Headset only?

On the insurance front I can't help I'm afraid, due to my age and the fact it's 2 years since I had UK car insurance.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

P.S. Sorry to hear about the 330ci, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif the 330ci

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Sony Ericsson bluetooth kit HCB-30 is around £100 and is very good, new version out soon (HCB-300) supports multiple phones. Or there is a Nokia bluetooth kit with a very flash screen (Nokia 610) is pretty cool but is expensive (£300).

The kit that BMW use is made by Parrot, there stuff is ok but build quality is a little dodgy.

A mate of mine had the Parrot kit in his Seat MPV. Connected into the radio and DIS too. He loved it, and I'm planning to get it when I have a spare £150-ish lying around.

Dan

I always thought the Parrot kit was something that plugs straight into the cig lighter?
I am looking for something that will give me full handsfree but I will look into this Parrot thing a bit more.
Thanks

Edd

Try directline.co.uk ....I tried numerous companies for my 3.2 DSG and they were best value by a long way. 35 years old based on 17k miles and car value £29k. Hope this helps /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Yeah, I loved the 330 also until some thieving ****** broke into my house whilst I was in bed and stole the frigging keys.
Had a right job with the insurance company (direct line) whom I have been with 8 years.. took 12 weeks to pay out and then a few grand short of what I wanted.
Now they won't insure me for the 3.2 because I must have 2 years no claims which I have just lost so I must look elsewhere.... what a nightmare

Ive got the HBC-30 Kit in my car and its compatible to be wired up to the speakers of the car and mute the setreo with any aditional wireing !

And have to say its an excellent peice of kit

[ QUOTE ]
MKD said:
Also have the HBC-30 kit, and have it set to voice dialling - a neat solution that works well.

I am considering a Sat-Nat (TomTom)/ IPAQ add-on for the car and would welcome any advice

[/ QUOTE ]

I will look into this HBC-30 kit, thanks a lot

[ QUOTE ]
MKD said:
I am considering a Sat-Nat (TomTom)/ IPAQ add-on for the car and would welcome any advice

[/ QUOTE ]

There's another couple of posts on this subject, one running at the moment...

Rich

Don't have an accident with Directline either!!

I was forced off the road by a bus 3 years ago.
As the bus was avoiding hitting a car which pulled out in front of him, Directline decided that they could not be ar#ed to pursue my claim against the bus company!!

That's why I left them as soon as possible!!

Now got the S3 & Elephant were £100 cheaper than anyone else!!

just to let you know that the insurance company you want to be with even if is a higher premium is RSA (royal sun..) deal with insurance companys as part of my job and RSA can pay out within 20 minutes of the accident to replacement..

just ben nice with them.. u dont get anywhere if u shout or moan... and be truthful in what u say... its as simple as that!

dont go with lloyds cos they have a low authorisaion limit.
zurich are very good
and a couple of others who i cant think off the top of my head..

NU are ok
Select and protect are ppooooooo! lol

I was with DirectLine for a couple of years when I had my Punto. I'd put my brother on my insurance as he was without car for a while. Anyway, he drove it in to the back of a Porsche at a roundabout. No damage to my car and only a small scratch on the Porker, no problem I thought. I heard nothing about the accident for nearly a year - I'd only just renewed when the accident happened - then I get my renewal quote @ 3 times what I was expecting. Called up DL and asked what was going on. Turns out they'd paid out £4500 to fix the Porker without telling me and said that I was responsible for keeping informed about what they were doing about the accident. C**ts.

Needless to say I didn't renew my policy with them.

[ QUOTE ]
JamS3 said:
Elephant.co.uk have always been good for me..

26yr old with S3 5yrs ncb and just over £600

[/ QUOTE ]

Got a quote from Elephant for the 3.2 S-Line bearing in mind my loss of the BMW, cheapest quote from anywhere was £2200 (zurich), Elephant quote £1270.00

Great, thanks

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif OMFG! That's shocking, I feel for you.

[ QUOTE ]
eddwood said:
[ QUOTE ]
JamS3 said:
Elephant.co.uk have always been good for me..

26yr old with S3 5yrs ncb and just over £600

[/ QUOTE ]

Got a quote from Elephant for the 3.2 S-Line bearing in mind my loss of the BMW, cheapest quote from anywhere was £2200 (zurich), Elephant quote £1270.00

Great, thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Be careful with Elephant, they quote you based on a one off payment, if you go for 12 month repayments the price will go up approx. 20%, and you only get a courtesy car if one is available, should you need it.

[ QUOTE ]
eddwood said:
Also any thoughts as to which insurance company to go for. Just lost all no claims as last car 330ci conv stolen, 35 years old?

Thanks,

Edd

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you tried TESCO (aka Direct Line)?

I tried numerous companies but dropped with TESCO eventually cos they listened and understood! I got the impression with other companies that they were not geared up for mods etc. Tesco noted all the mods on my motor, even if they did not contribute to my eventual premium.

This paid off recently when I had to make a claim. No gripes re. damage to dealer-fitted body-kit (See other post for details)

Up to now the service from TESCO has been reasonable...

ps. Why your choice of Bluetooth?