Just fitted Hartmann G5's...

Dennis Moeller

Reaction score
Hey...what do you think? Yes it will be lowered, going to fit H&R 50mm springs.

They look gr8!

Are those the Gallardos? 18"?

:icon_thumright:

GREAT!!

you should get yourself some OEM bolt covers for the nuts for the ultimate "oem" look :)

Whats the ET on those? BTW, your car does look very low!

Yes!!!! Been wanting to see an A3 with lambo rims for a long time!

Get lambo centre caps, FK/KW coilovers and Votex bodykit! Awesome!

Quick photoshop!

mednyeflge1vy1.jpg
http://img441.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mednyeflge1vy1.jpg

If someone had said Gallardo rep's i'd thought "nahhhh", but that actually works pretty well in my opinion.... good choice!

They are definitly different!! Well done mate!

More pictures when car is lowered please....and get OEM centre caps... that should do the trick!

Pedro

no no no - get the euro theme going and get lambo centre caps! lambo wheels after all even though they are reps!

Not for me my friend , it just screams FORD FOCUS!

Each to there own tho mate.

p

I think with centre caps they will look pretty good, it's not a look for my own car but it would definetly turn my head, well done.

Not my choice either - but the world would be a very boring place if we all liked the same things.

As long as you like them that is all that matters - fair play to you for such a bold choice. :respekt:

As others have said get some OEM bolt covers and Lambo centre caps.

Paul

Nice replies mates...

@N8WOW

ET47

@DemianM

Thanks, glad you liked them. Black lug covers OEM coming up. ET47. You think it's low or?? It is lowered 25mm from the factory (S-Line adds 10mm to the 15mm Ambition suspension + there's slightly stiffer dampers too), but it will be lowered at least 20mm more in the front and 15-20 in the back.

@Randomjim

Cheers mate

@Boydie

Well your wait is over :icon_thumright: Lambo caps are on their way from USA as we speak. Chosed the ones with the silver colored St. Agathe Bull...as my car is Silver.
Would have opted for coils but my budget for car modding is a bit low atm. I have an old lumber house that needs attention. But If I have the car next season I will definately get coils. Votex bodykit: I think it's really REALLY nice. In fact that would be the only plastic I would ever fit to my car. But it almost impossible to find used and the dealer are just crazy with their prices...In norway they want 300 pounds for the front lip, and they charge you an unbelievable 450 pounds for the skirts :wtf: The rear lip isn't my cup of tea anyways and I already modded my rear bumper to a look I fancy.

Btw, a friend on another forum photochopped it too:

LoweredA3.jpg

Think I will need AIR to optain that slammed look tho---

@jamiekip

They kinda grow on you...

@newbiecrg

Cheers, yes they are a bit different but that's what I like about them. Of course when the Gallardo came out I fell in love with them AND the Lambo of course:hubbahubba:

More pictures when it is lowered - no problem mate

@whiteunderarm

Thanks. Yeah I'm aware of the ST and OPC rims. Imo the really can't match the Gallardo's. They look bloated and just wrong. The G5's are much more cleaner and crispier looking. More edgy..

@john_cook

Thanks

@phantom

No it's not for everyone, I know. I already gotten some pepper for this choice, some just can't understand why on earth I would wan't to put Lamborghini wheels on and Audi, but hey...some like the daughter, some like the mother and some like them both.

@JimmyJames

I can live with the ressemblence but park my car next to a ST you'll see the difference :)

@Spin140

thx

@Gti Jazz Blue

I agree with you totally. The world be be grey and boring without different choices. Thx for the comment.

I wouldn't bother with Air Bag suspension to be honest, a set of FK or KW coilovers would be awesome

Click the link in my signature to my car which is lowered on FK coilovers and 19" rims to get an idea of how low to go

Keep an eye on German and UK ebay for Audi A3 votex kit - i bought my side skirts for £200 and my front lip for £75

The bargains are there but patience is essential - took ages for my skirts to appear and it was a battle at the end of the auction but thankfully i won!

N8KOW said:
Long post! Ha Ha. Look at the car lowered in Boydie's pic! Perfect. Get it lowered, and get the centre caps on then it'll look :photo:
Hehe..yeah long post. Believe me I have been drewling over Boydie's car...very nice indeed.

Boydie said:
I wouldn't bother with Air Bag suspension to be honest, a set of FK or KW coilovers would be awesome

Click the link in my signature to my car which is lowered on FK coilovers and 19" rims to get an idea of how low to go

Keep an eye on German and UK ebay for Audi A3 votex kit - i bought my side skirts for £200 and my front lip for £75

The bargains are there but patience is essential - took ages for my skirts to appear and it was a battle at the end of the auction but thankfully i won!
No Air will ever go in my ride, except if it were fitted originally from Ingolfstadt. It was just a PS he did for me to mock me.

There will be no money for coils this season. So H&R 55mm drop will do for now.

Votex from ebay...I'm on eBay everyday so maybe as you say the patience will pay in the end :icon_thumright:

55mm should be sweet but I would be afraid of the wheels rubbing :( 55mm should lower the car by 35mm so you might be ok!

would you consider an aftermarket set of side skirts?

the nicest ones available i think are made by Rieger

http://www.tuning.co.uk/rieger/

Loving those rims, as Jamiekip said, had someone said lambo rims on an 8P to me I wouldn't have convinced, but they look the dogs.

For me to make it perfect I would go for a lower stance and some lambo centre caps.

J.

Those wheels suit that shape A3 really well, looks great

Boydie said:
55mm should be sweet but I would be afraid of the wheels rubbing :( 55mm should lower the car by 35mm so you might be ok!

would you consider an aftermarket set of side skirts?

the nicest ones available i think are made by Rieger

http://www.tuning.co.uk/rieger/

Not really to my likings. Must say I like Votex much better. Also I believe that Audi must have had a say say in the matter when they were designed. At least they approved the styling and did sell it with their cars. OEM all the way for me ;)

I have 235/35 so I was/am a little worried about rubbing, but with 8" wide wheels I think It'll work out...Don't think the H&R 55mm springs will drop mine an extra 35 mm though. First of all; the 55mm springs fits the 1.6 (102hp), the 1.6FSI, the 2.0FSI and the 1.9TDI (the latter probably beeing the heaviest engine) so with the S-Line beeing 25mm lower than stock and the lighest engine I expect a drop around 20mm (maybe up to 25mm).

Should be fine.

One thing I will add.

With that big a drop I wouldn't bother carrying any rear passengers, without rear arch mods.

I bought my A3 from James (MarriedBlonde) and he had it on Eibach SportsLine (50mm) drop springs with RS4 replica wheels. With passengers in the back the wheels would rub over any kind of bump or dip. They would also rub if I had a full tank and went over a high speed compression (such as a dip on the MWay) now that could also be because he had them on it with the stock shocks.

I've since raised it slightly and now have Pro-Springs with Koni FSD dampers and have no issues.

Paul

Very individual choice. I've seen some of these on an S4 cabriolet and they looked great. For a smaller car like an A3 they look ok without being too OTT. Not my choice for my own car but i think yours looks good.

In my opinion the car is maybe a little plain to totally carry off these wheels and i would take the advice of other people here and invest in a nice body kit when you can afford it. That'll finish off the look nicely.

Good luck and thanks for sharing!

Paul.

Gti Jazz Blue said:
One thing I will add.

With that big a drop I wouldn't bother carrying any rear passengers, without rear arch mods.

I bought my A3 from James (MarriedBlonde) and he had it on Eibach SportsLine (50mm) drop springs with RS4 replica wheels. With passengers in the back the wheels would rub over any kind of bump or dip. They would also rub if I had a full tank and went over a high speed compression (such as a dip on the MWay) now that could also be because he had them on it with the stock shocks.

I've since raised it slightly and now have Pro-Springs with Koni FSD dampers and have no issues.

Paul
Thx for the tip. Eibach springs are, as you prablably already know, known to be on the softer side and together with soft standard dampers you have the rubbing issue. Pro Eibach should be harder. But for my part I never have any passangers in the back so that's not a problem. I went for H&R 55/50 springs (H&R are known to be hard) and have the S-Line dampers which are rather stiff and of course shortened a bit. I will of course take the infamous liner screws both front and back. I hope I will stay clear. But I'm curious; What rim size did you have when you had rubbing issues? And what tires, size and brand?
Cheers

PNH80 said:
Very individual choice. I've seen some of these on an S4 cabriolet and they looked great. For a smaller car like an A3 they look ok without being too OTT. Not my choice for my own car but i think yours looks good.

In my opinion the car is maybe a little plain to totally carry off these wheels and i would take the advice of other people here and invest in a nice body kit when you can afford it. That'll finish off the look nicely.

Good luck and thanks for sharing!

Paul.

You're welcome, glad I can share here on this forum. Votex/Ms design bodykit are on the wishlist. At least some of it :icon_thumright: Thanks!

N8KOW said:
Get it lowered!

Hehe it's coming. It's still winter up here. LOOOOOTS of snow and billions of small stones on the pieces of road that are without snow. Not to mention the salt...

Maybe soon after Easter, well see...

Dennis Moeller said:
Thx for the tip. Eibach springs are, as you prablably already know, known to be on the softer side and together with soft standard dampers you have the rubbing issue. Pro Eibach should be harder. But for my part I never have any passangers in the back so that's not a problem. I went for H&R 55/50 springs (H&R are known to be hard) and have the S-Line dampers which are rather stiff and of course shortened a bit. I will of course take the infamous liner screws both front and back. I hope I will stay clear. But I'm curious; What rim size did you have when you had rubbing issues? And what tires, size and brand?
Cheers

8 * 18" RS4 Reps with GoodYear Eagle F1 225/40/18

Paul

Gti Jazz Blue said:
8 * 18" RS4 Reps with GoodYear Eagle F1 225/40/18

Paul

OK thats not such a wide wheel, but what offset did you have??

And btw; you did remove or grind down the screws holding the rear inner arches, right?