Metal plates

Bong Water

In two minds
Reaction score
Hey

So I am in the process of 'cleaning' my car, I am not a fan of chrome so I ordered a plain slatted JOM grill from DP yesterday and whilst I wait for it I would also like to debadge and get new plates.

I have been thinking of the metal pressed plates you can get, I have some questions though

Do you know of any suppliers?

Does anyone have them fitted and if so, pics please?

The front bumper is not flat, do they have to be bent into shape?

Thanks!

:faint:

Oh and it goes into the body shop soon for some work so I was wondering if you guys had any ideas of what I could have done whilst its in?

I have used this site before http://www.craigsplates.com to get a stick on number plate and they do metal pressed plates aswell. The can also do german style plates. as for fitment to the bumper I reakon get those number plate holders that you can mount and the lock the number plate inside.

you will get pulled by the police as they are illegal

Yeah I just thought that when looking at them. Standard plates FTW I think!

Thanks for the link though, didnt know of that one, I have used Demon Plates before and will use them again if I am using standard plates

becareful as the police certainly around my area are being very picky about plates at the moment.

plates now also have to have name and postcode of supplier of the plates on the bottom as well as E stamp, 3d letters are illegal and borders round the edge i was told are illegal but i have them fitted to my legal plates, so i'm not sure about that. anything other than a bg euro sticker on the side is illegal.

What about that grandfathers law (other people might have a different name for it)for example if the new ruling was passed after your car was manufactured then you wouldn't have to change your number plates to suit the new law. also I have heard they don't mind about numberplates as long as they are uk font with correct spacing, reflextive and there number plate recognition cameras can read them. I have put a stick on number plate on an old range rover classic i use for offroading and driven past numerous police cars and none have pulled me over

112dv1.jpg

i've had those plates on my car for more than 1 year, and no problem with cops or MOT, they are from http://www.dubmeister.co.uk/

Decided I am going for bog standard plates with a little dedication to this place as the slogan.

I cant be ***** with unwanted attention and want the cleanest possible look. Plus its only £22 from Demon plates :idea:

Hacek, how come you not removed the four rings? Are they bolted in?

I had pressed aluminium german style plates and i got pulled 3 times an forced to take them off. I got away with it for about 9 months though and they did look good.

I've had pressed plates with german style text on mine for a year now and never even had a sniff off the law. A mate of mine has had the same on his past three dubs and never had a problem either. Must be lucky round here I guess, although they're pretty plain and don't draw much attention at all, just a subtle but good look I think. Anyway any excuse for a pic of my car on here!
08122007216.jpg

I have the metal ones too, have had for around 18 months ish. I do play safe at MOT time and put the "proper" ones on using velcro for the purpose of MOT day

100_0480.jpg

Stap, loving your Nogaro S4!

As for licence plates, I can't be bothered to use any fancy ones, other than some Audi dealer versions, with the "GB" badge, dealer name, as well as the matching dealer frames.

I don't really need the hassle of being pulled over at will, wastes my time.

I haven't been pulled over in over 8 years now.

@ Byzan: Where did you get your rear screen spoiler from? Thinking about getting one too.