S3 vs TT

DaveMK^

Reaction score
This conversation has probbably been had many times but unable to find it on search :)

Im guessing these 2 cars have the same engines and drive train? And looking at them I would guess TT is a quicker car as it should be lighter?

Is the TT a Hairdressers S3? :)

i looked at tt instead of s3. just didnt think they were as nice place to be, much prefered the s3. pity as tt's are cheaper :(

dont think there is anything in it performance wise tho

Do you wear pink T shirts, have spikey hair and your mates call you metrosexual? if so the TT is for you.

i heard it was heavier too. they're tiny inside, plus you cant go anywhere without seeing one, S3 is alot more classy, rare, and discreet

The TT IS heavier than the S3.

Albeit the interior is alot nicer than the S3'S depends what your after really?

Jason

Cant see that much outta the TT and I didnt like the dash (even tho Mk2 Golf numpties ususally get errect over them)

TT is heavier which is why they only pushed out 210bhp in the early days of the S3. I looked at both and just didn't like the TT plus there are quite a few where I live compared to S3's. Having said this, I now see more 8P S3's than new TT's...bizarre!

I`ve had both.. (Pics in Sig)... the TT was for the look factor, but as people have said they are tiny inside (can only carry 2 people really), A post gets in the way... I did prefer the dash and layout to s3.. but overall give me my s3 anyday...

i didnt like the size of the side windows....looks like a tank with peep holes..... the VW goes to one extreme with its massive patio door style side windows and the T'i'T does the opposite....S3 is a nice happy medium:eek:)

Ask this question (if you haven't already) in the TT area, I'm sure you will get a different response. Although, they may take a week or two to get back to you. Not really a chatty lot them! :meeting:

thats cos they are laid out due to back trouble getting in the blightin thing.....or they are ponsing around with a loose left hand and man bag akimbo

hehe thanks for the replies, answered my questions :)

audiTT.jpg

lol....you've seen the special edition multi coloured panel polo...... here noddy in a TiT

ive heard they are the same wheel base.......

hate the flippin things...... they arent bad for head room (im 6ft 3"), just a the feeling of being crapped cos of the crappy letter box windows

have owned both and in my opinion the s3 is the better car.more practical everyday car with head room for four people and if your sat at the front of traffic lights you dont have to crane your neck over the dashboard to see if the lights have changed.plus there was a bit of a blind spot in the front.remeber four of us going down to devon from london and we had to keep stopping because nto two passengers in the back were so cramped for room.by the time we arrived they both needed a chiropractor.

Sam-K said:
I thought that anyone over 6ft is going to have the same amount of room as they would in a fiat cinquecento inside?

Nah plenty of space inside, I'm 6'2" and fit without any problems, even fit into the back of one although not very comfy. Spent an hour and half in the back on one journey (thats with 4 in the car!). I had consumed a few wife beaters though...

J.

god_thats_quick said:
Also when I drove a TT the daft "design flair" air vent bits on the middle of the dash kept getting right on my tits when I saw there reflection in the windscreen the whole time (on a sunny day).

I have a similar problem in the S3 its glare from the quattro badge on the glove box

same chassis, shorter gear shift, heavier, seating is lower due to the roof (+ its coupe). I drove a TT Sport for 3 days bucket seats were a pain & visibility was terrible in most instances. S3 is so much classier, pratical & mature.

I got pulled over once & they actually asked me if its really quattro ? goes to show they didnt have a clue what it was.

thats what i liked about my 150bhp a3, very descrete.....although suprised how many dont know what these can do....... although i notice you get more chavs eyein ya up.....had a mark 2 golf try the other day, just laughed at him......

If any of you lot enjoy chavs....get to chesterfield, they are 20 years behind everyone else and its ******* holarious...... theres loads of em....try not to visit too much myself lol

Ess_Three said:
You sure?
I thought they were the same.

well went to a rolling road day and the TT`s went first then they had to lengthen the rollers for my mates R32. Then I was next and it was the same as the R32. So I hope im right :)

1animal1 said:
If any of you lot enjoy chavs....get to chesterfield, they are 20 years behind everyone else and its ******* holarious...... theres loads of em....try not to visit too much myself lol

Or visit hedge end retail park most evenings...

Lol, when i was a contractor years ago, did the refurb on the M&S at Hedge End - small world

I have had run ins with the Chav Brigade at Hedge End, Went with the GF to look at some Sofa`s etc in my old Scooby Turbo. I was only looking for somewhere to park and ended up have 2 seperate Chav's in their blinged out saxo's chasing me round the car park trying to race me. I think they were quite dissapointed when i parked and got out to actually go in the shops.

Will keep my eye out for any S3's or Z4's there when i drive by incase any of you boys have moved over to the dark side of the force!!

Well I am always around there as I live in grange park...

Can't miss me black z4 coupe driven appallingly...

I've had a couploe of run ins with the chav brigade, my favourite was when 2 tossers in thier max'd out motors decided they would play silly buggers from the coopers roundabout to the motorway and drive side by side at walking pace.

Not a problem, got to the m27 rouandabout I was in the outside lane, lights where red, the 2 boys and 2 girls in the chariot next to me all bogging me out giving it large.

I got out walked round to the drivers side, his window was open so I reached in grabbed his keys and throw them down the road. Job done.

Off I went on my merry way.

J.

marriedblonde said:
I got out walked round to the drivers side, his window was open so I reached in grabbed his keys and throw them down the road. Job done.

Off I went on my merry way.

J.

Very good i like your style i just hope i can be there next ime to see their faces!!

I live in Lordswood but work in Sarisbury Green so drive that way every day on the Mway will keep an eye out for the Z4.

I'd have thought the centre of gravity would be lower in the TT, and with the new suspension probably handles better? Although not having driven a TT I can't say for sure. Def a hairdressers car though!!