Remaps causing tdi 130 problems????

bonerp

Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced problems following a remap? Mines running about 185bhp now, and shortly after the tensioner went (the plastic one!). That was fixed but another noise appeared recently and this time the garage had to replace the alternator cos the pulley was almost shot on that. They tried replacing the pulley but had to do the whole thing.

I'm hoping its just normal wear at 60K and they'd have gone sooner or later anyway.

Could it be a result of the remap???

thanks
boner

bonerp said:
Could it be a result of the remap???

No, It's just wear and tear. 60k is low for an alternaor failure though, Just unlucky!

thats good!

I wasnt sure whether the stress from the previous failure might have added extra wear to the alt pulley.

I'll certainly advise any further problems!!

Hope you don't mind me asking. How much does a remap cost and where's the best place to have this done. I have a 130 avant and 185 BPH sounds good

mine was done by Angel Tuning - they come to you think cost is about £300 first time - they discount subsequent tunes. Used them twice now - other was on alfa 156.

Mine was done by Angel tuning but i ended up having the map removed as it made my car really really smoky.

Id doesnt cos i had the map removed. It only smokes as much as any other diesel now, rather than like a HGV.

Just wondering boner...did u remap a 130 to 185 without anyother mods??? E.g bigger turbo, intercooler etc.??? Is this safe?

just the remap. only saw 185 from the computer outputs - whether these were preprogrammed I dont know.
Its not quite as quick as my old 156 Alfa which was about 190, although that had bigger buckets and 5 of them.