Bluetooth IPod

Laney456

Reaction score
Hi guys, just picked up my A3 SLine 1.8TFSI and I have the bluetooth phone prep as an option.

I managed to pair the phone with the car using bluetooth no probs...but it got me thinking.....can you connect an ipod via bluetooth using the phone prep?

Basically I searched amazon and there are ipod add-ons which stream your ipod tunes via bluetooth:

The Jabra A125s Ipod bluetooth adaptor for example.

But does anybody think you could actually get the ipod to pair with the car?

Not really interested in controlling the ipod (which would of course be cool) but just even if it streamed my music through the speakers would be a start!

Any help would be appreciated,
Cheers, Tom

i doubt it as the bluetooth prep is looking for a phone to communicate with over the headset profile, whereas the ipod will be broadcasting over a media profile.

unless you can maybe get the iphone to work with it.

I am sure the only reason this hasn't been done is that it would sound crap. I am sure Bluetooth doesn't have enough bandwidth to stream music at a rate that would sould any better than AM radio broadcasts.

Bluetooth is designed to transfer small files and can carry a phone conversation but for streaming music? No chance.

It does actually contain more than enough bandwidth for CD quality sound, and there are many after market head units which allow you to connect to your mobile phone and stream music from there.

However I dont believe that this will be possible with the Bluetooth prep, as i would imagine this is for phone prep only, and there is no direct interface from here to the stereo